Setup Wireless Internet at Home
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, Jonathan, Inukshuk
Sometimes we find it difficult to set-up wireless on our own but if you want to save money instead of calling a technician to set it for you. Then there is a way, all you have to do is follow the instruction in this article. We will guide you on how you can set-up on your own.
Setup Wireless Internet at Home
If your internet connection is wired only, to setup a wireless internet, you will need a wireless router. It doesn't matter what brand of router.
- 1Make sure your modem is properly plugin to your internet / Phone line then turn on your modem.Advertisement
- 2Connect your Modem to the internet port of your router.Then turn on your router.Advertisement
- 4Your desktop computer should automatically have an internet as it is wired to your internet connection.To setup wirelessly you need to configure your wireless settings. To access the configuration, this may vary on what is the brand of your router.
- 5IP configuration of your wireless router should be written down on the sticker attached to it you should something like 192.168.1.1 or something similar.
- 6Once you find the IP configuration, open a browser and type this IP address to your browser page and then enter.
- 7You will then be redirected to a page where it will ask you for username and password.You can check the default username and password that came with your router brochure and manual. Usually the username is admin and the password is the same but this varies.
- 8After you are able to sign in, you will be redirected to the configuration page.
- 9Configuration page varies on what exactly is the brand of your router, but to setup wireless you should always find the wireless settings.
- 10If you are using DLink just go to the Wireless Tab and choose your wireless settings.Make sure Wireless is enable, choose which type of security you will use and then create your key or passphrase. Then apply the changes. When the router reboots everything is then set and you will have your secure wireless internet.
- 12If you are using Linksys, just go to Wireless Tab and choose your wireless settings.Make sure Wireless is enable, choose which type of security you will use and then create your key or passphrase. Then Save the Settings. When the router reboots everything is then set and you will have your secure wireless internet.
- 1Be reminded that when you have wireless internet at home, it can enable internet connectivity at almost every nook and cranny in your house.So, if you have kids and you are concerned about the internet content that they are absorbing, make sure that you have some kind of kid censoring software on your electronic gadgets that can access wireless internet. Also check on the kids every now and then so that you can have an idea on what they are checking on the internet.Advertisement
- 2Without telling the kids, especially if you will be away for quite a while, change the wireless internet password.
- 3The best advice is you parents or guardians are the best models for your kids.If your character is morally upright (not uptight), and they see that what you are surfing on the internet are things that are worthwhile and not related to sex, illegal drugs, pornography and anything destructive to the senses, you even need not check on your kids. They will know their limits when it comes to using the wireless internet.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Networking
Recent edits by: Jonathan, Charmed, Timbuktu