Setup Wi-Fi Hotspot to Share Internet from a Samsung Galaxy S7
Edited by David Mason, VisiHow, Eng, aniket shaw
If you need WiFi, but there are no WiFi networks within range, you can always use your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to set up a WiFi hotspot. The ability to create your own portable WiFi network from your cell phone is one of many great features that are part of the S7. Basically, you use your cell phone data plan to set up and broadcast Internet just like a WiFi router from home. This means that wherever you are, as long as you have a data signal on your phone, you can connect your laptop, tablet, or even your friend's phone to your own WiFi network. In order to learn how you can set up your own WiFi hotspot, please follow the steps below; and we'll show you how you can be broadcasting your own signal in no time. Just as they did in the Matrix.
Setup and Connect your WiFi Hotspot
Setting up and connecting to your own WiFi Hotspot is actually very easy. Gone are the days where it took multiple attempts and regularly becoming disconnected or failing to connect. These days, having your own Hotspot is easier than ordering a double-caramel raspberry iced soy latte from Starbucks.
Change WiFi Hotspot Password
It is important to change or update the password for your WiFi Hotspot network. This will stop unwanted visitors from accessing your WiFi network, and it will also prevent people from using up your data plan.
Change WiFi Hotspot Name
If you are in a crowded area where there are many different network connections, you may not want your connection to be labeled 'Android AP'. This is because everyone else who set up his or her connection will also be labeled 'Android AP', and you may have no idea which one is yours. To prevent this, you need to change the name of your connection.
- 3Make sure you change the network name to something that you will know is yours. While you are here, you may also want to change the security type or even hide your hotspot.Once you have tapped on 'Configure Mobile hotspot', you will be able to change the network name by tapping on the current name of 'AndroidAP'.
- 6Now, you know how to use the mobile hotspot on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. For additional help, please leave us a message in the question section below.Congratulations!
Questions and Answers
The mobile hotspot icon on my phone is grayed. I cannot turn it on. WiFi is also grayed?
The mobile hotspot icon on my phone is grayed. I cannot turn it on. WiFi is also grayed
This might have been caused by a software failure. Follow the steps below to fix your smartphone.
- 1Power down the smartphone and take the battery out for 5 minutes.
- 2Put the battery back in and see if the problem has been fixed.
- 3Just connect your smartphone to your computer and click "Backup".If that did not help, back up your data with Smart Switch from Samsung.
- 4You can use our guide to learn how to do that.Hard-reset your smartphone.
- 5Extra data can be restored with Smart Switch.Once you are back to your smartphone, restore data by setting up your previous Google account.
- 6If it is not back, then your device might need repairs. Contact your nearest Samsung service center.Now, test if WiFi is back.
- 7Contact your carrier to see if the operator causes the problem when you can enable WiFi and cannot use hotspot. Some network operator add the hotspot service for an extra fee.The hotspot feature might be not available only owing to your carrier limiting access to it.Advertisement
Hotspot disables automatically?
When I enable the hotspot, it disables automatically. I have tried: Can not move. I'm at the first step to enable. I think it was caused by: Do not know
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, David Mason