Setup Siri on iPhone5
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Melvin Magadia, Lynn
Introduced in 2007, Siri is the Apple iPhone's famous personal assistant. It is also a knowledge navigator. The name means "beautiful woman who leads you to victory" in Norwegian. This application is only available on Apple products. The Siri app is useful - it helps you read your emails, set an alarm, find a restaurant, and read your SMS messages, just to name a few of its many functions.
In order to take advantage of Siri's numerous capabilities,you need to first set it up on your iPhone. In this article, you will learn how to configure Siri on your iPhone.
- 6Touch "My Info", which will lead you to the Contacts names; scroll and look for your name, touch your name for Siri to recognize you.You can set up your relationships in your Contacts. For example, if you want to instruct Siri to call your father, you need to identify your father in your Contacts.
- 7After you touch your name in the Contacts, you should then be able to see your name beside "My Info".
- 8Siri will now be enabled and ready to use.
There are a couple of ways you can wake Siri up:
- 1From the Home button:
- If the screen is blank, click the Home button and then raise the phone to your ear.
- If you are using earphones, press the center button to call Siri. If you are on a Bluetooth headset, press and hold the Call button.
- 2Using the Microphone:
- Simply tap the button and give your command.
- Siri may require additional information. This is the faster way to wake up Siri, as she may no longer need to pause.
Just follow these steps and you can make the most out of Siri when using your iPhone.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Melvin Magadia, Eng, Timbuktu