Setup Samsung Gear Virtual Reality (VR) with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
Edited by Sarahmcwriter, Eng, Alma
As one of the most impressive and immersive releases in recent VR industry. Its high quality visual graphics allows you to experience apps and games in a way that you couldn't before. The Samsung Gear VR is has a variety of popular apps and games to choose from, including the popular Minecraft and Hitman Go. It also has video apps, like a virtual cinema where you can sit and watch shows and movies from Netflix. More apps are being created regularly that are compatible with Samsung Gear VR, meaning that you will always have something new to try out and enjoy.
The Samsung Gear VR is a great tool to allow you to experience games, videos, and images in a way you have never been able to experience before. It can be used with a Samsung Galaxy S7 and a Galaxy S7 Edge. Although it seems rather straightforward to set up and use, there are still plenty of ways you can slip up during setup that can stop you from being able to enjoy your new gear. Here are some steps you can follow to help you set it up the proper way.
Before you get started, you should make sure that you are connected to the internet and that your mobile device has its volume turned up and that it is not in silent mode.
- 1Install The Straps.Advertisement
- 2Connect The Mobile Device And The Gear VR Headset.Advertisement
- 3Remove Your Samsung Mobile Device.
- 4Once you remove the mobile from the headset, you will be met with a Gear VR welcome screen. Here, you tap next on the welcome screen and follow the instructions. Be aware, you may be asked to update your Android version if it is out of date and also to install selected applications. You can also choose to install additional content by tapping the "Browse Oculus Store" button, however, this is not mandatory. Once you have done this, you should reconnect your headset. As you put on the headset, you will be met with either a blank screen or a loading icon. A word of advice, should you see any errors or visual disturbances on your headset like improperly formatted images or text, remove the device from the headset, wait a few seconds and try reconnecting it again.Install Oculus Software.
- 5To download or purchase any content from the Oculus Store, you are going to need an Oculus Account. To create this, you should launch the Oculus app after it finishes its installation and then follow the prompts. You can also do this by waiting for the prompt that occurs the first time you enter the Oculus Store. You will need to create a username and password for your account creation to be a success. Remember to enter a valid email address as you will need it for confirmation. And remember that whatever username you choose, others will be able to see it in games or activities. So keep that in mind. Some apps on the Oculus Store are completely free, while others are classed as paid content and need to be purchased. If all goes as it should, you will soon see the Gear VR Health and Safety Warning. Read, acknowledge and understand the warning and the Oculus Home will start to load.Create Oculus Account.
- 6Connecting Headphones.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Setup Samsung Gear Virtual Reality (VR) with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Setup_Samsung_Gear_Virtual_Reality_with_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_and_Galaxy_S7_Edge
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Setup Samsung Gear Virtual Reality (VR) with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge." VisiHow, visihow.com/Setup_Samsung_Gear_Virtual_Reality_with_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_and_Galaxy_S7_Edge Accessed 29 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Setup Samsung Gear Virtual Reality (VR) with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge." Accessed May 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Setup_Samsung_Gear_Virtual_Reality_with_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_and_Galaxy_S7_Edge.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: Eng, Sarahmcwriter