Setup Outlook for an Exchange Account on iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Leomar Umpad, Eng
You are watching VisiHow and today we are going to teach you how to setup Outlook for the iPhone 6 using a Microsoft Exchange Account.
- 4What you are going to do is go to the very bottom and press on the blue rectangle which reads Add an Account - give that a single press.You will now see on the main Outlook page that Outlook is listed with the same blue icon, as opposed to a white one, and it indicates that "mobile email just got a promotion!" It shows an envelope, a calendar, documents and people.
- 5The one that we are going to be using now is the "Microsoft Exchange" account which is the blue box with "E" and the Microsoft floral design on the back. It also says, "Exchange". We are going to press that icon and launch it. If you would like to add other accounts like Gmail, IMAP, iCloud, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com, we also have corresponding tutorials for those and we will help you get those started and set up as well.This is going to open up a selection where you have 6 options to choose from.
- 7We are going to enter in an actual email, password and the description for the account. Alternatively, we can also enter additional options for the account. If we choose to enter these details now, then we will not be taken to a secondary window later. However, as power users already know about this, we are not going to add more details and start simple.Once we've pressed Exchange, it's going to give us the option to setup an account.
- 8If you have multiple Exchange accounts, then obviously you do not want to call them all "Exchange". You would like to call them something else such as "Mail 1", or "Personal", or "Work". We are going to tap on "OK" which is going to take us to the next window. Tapping on "OK" will confirm our settings.As you can see, we have entered in an email address, a password, and a description which, in this case, is "Exchange".
- 11Now we are given the option for Outlook to send us notifications which include alerts, sounds, icon badges and all sorts of fun and exciting stuff. Let's go ahead and press OK for that because we do want to be notified of our email especially if it's a business account.As you can see now, the account has been successfully added.
- 12Let's just crammed up focus for you for a bit. As you can see here, we've got a focus on emails. We have "Press Tour", "Industry Growth" message, "Roadmap", and others- these are all filters. You can set this filters up yourself. Then you have your "Other" tab where everything not filtered goes. Let's swipe over to show what we are talking about.The difference of this app over your Outlook Desktop version is that your inbox is more focused - as they are saying here.
- 13Say, it's a Monday morning and we get a notification about our meeting on Thursday. We do not need that notification today. Thursday is four days away. What we are going to do is swipe over and schedule that message to come back to us by Thursday morning. That way, we don't have to worry about it. We don't have to add it to a calendar. We are not going to do anything else with it. It's going to come back automatically.We can set up schedules.
- 17You have full access to it. You can do any of your email task which you normally do. We do have a tutorial on how to use each of these functions and we will explain that on a later video. For now, what we are going to do is conclude this tutorial as this was only about getting you setup and into your actual account.Now, we are on the Microsoft Outlook app for the iPhone 6.
- 18We do hope that this has been a helpful tutorial and we would very much look forward to assisting you with future tutorials and provide any assistance you may need in Microsoft Outlook app on your iPhone. Have a great day and we look forward to your comments and suggestions in the comments area below.Thank you for choosing VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Setup Outlook for an Exchange Account on iPhone 6
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Setup Outlook for an Exchange Account on iPhone 6. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Setup_Outlook_for_an_Exchange_Account_on_iPhone_6
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Setup Outlook for an Exchange Account on iPhone 6." VisiHow, visihow.com/Setup_Outlook_for_an_Exchange_Account_on_iPhone_6 Accessed 23 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Setup Outlook for an Exchange Account on iPhone 6." Accessed May 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Setup_Outlook_for_an_Exchange_Account_on_iPhone_6.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Leomar Umpad, Grimm