Setup HyperX Cloud Headset
Edited by Grimm, Alexander Avdeev, Eng, Ziploh
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to be unboxing Kingston HyperX Cloud II professional gaming headset with a noise-cancelling microphone. We are going to show you how to connect and set up the device so that you can get maximum performance from it.
- 13There is a piece of paper inside. It is just a piece of paper. That's all. We have instructions. Being standard computer users, we are probably not going to use those. The basic overview: we plug the headset into a controller and USB or directly into our PC or Mac. It works for all of these devices.We set the top to the side.
- 14It easily comes out. The first things we are going to see at the top of the box are four visible elements. We have the headphones featured prominently in the middle. There are two ear cups and a top bar. We have a noise-cancelling microphone tucked off to the side. We have the Kingston HyperX Cloud II Dolby 7.1 surround USB controller. We have a connection port, which allows us to plug the headset into it and then run it into the computer in the event that our computer requires separation of I/O channels (microphone-in and speakers-out).Let's take the foam padding out.
- 19This is the HyperX controller. There is a single hole at the top of the controller. This is where we will be plugging in the actual control from the headset. There is also a clip at the back. The clip can be used to attach the controller to our shoulder, shirt, arm, wherever we have a loose piece of cloth, or anywhere else we want.We move the box over a bit to put the controller on the table.
- 26The right ear is free, and the left ear has the cord coming out of it. The left side, where the cord is coming out, is where we can plug in our microphone or take it out. There is a tiny piece on the left ear.More importantly, should we choose to use or not to use the microphone, we can look at the headset from the side and note that each ear has an indicator near the "R" or "L" writing.
- 31If we are working on an older computer, and we don't have the functionality for the USB system; or, more importantly, if we are working on a high-end system; and we don't want to use the built-in sound card of the headphones, which is the HyperX box with buttons, then we unplug the headset from the controller.
- 34The reason for this is we might want to use the analog connection. These jacks are analog. This is not digital technology. Some of us may use the analog controllers of the on-board sound cards. This will lead to not amazing sound quality produced by the system. However, if we are running a sound card such as an Audigy sound card or even something better, then we will want not to avoid using our expensive sound card. Then, we'll definitely want to use the analog connection.Now, we plug the headset directly into our system.
- 36In this case, the controller will be used in a number of different PC set-ups as well as in Macbook Pro Retina. There is no doubt that the headset will perform well on all of the systems.Let's plug in the controller.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial on setting up the HyperX Cloud II microphone and headphones from Kingston. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this gaming headset or any of the other systems that we review on VisiHow, please do let us know in the comment section below. Thanks for choosing VisiHow! Have a great day!
Video: Setup HyperX Cloud Headset
Questions and Answers
Why can I hear myself without having the listen to this device activated?
I have the HYPERX stinger headset and I can hear what I'm saying and I do not have the Listen to this microphone activated, please help me!
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Setup HyperX Cloud Headset. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Setup_HyperX_Cloud_Headset
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Setup HyperX Cloud Headset." VisiHow, visihow.com/Setup_HyperX_Cloud_Headset Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Setup HyperX Cloud Headset." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Setup_HyperX_Cloud_Headset.
Categories : Hardware
Recent edits by: Eng, Alexander Avdeev, Grimm