Setup Google Alert for Specific Web Site
Edited by Djinu, VisiHow, Dougie, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to setup a Google Alert for a specific web site.
- 1Make sure you have your browser open and go to https://www.google.com/alerts.Advertisement
- 4If you want to receive an alert for a specific item on this web site, add a search term in quotations before the site address.For this tutorial, let's type "iPhone" at the beginning of our search field. This will filter the alert preview so that you see all of the items related to "iPhone" on the VisiHow web site as they appear.
- 7In the options menu, you can choose the frequency of your Google alert.By clicking the first drop-down menu next to "How often", you can choose "As-it-happens", "At most once a day", or "At most once a week". The next field is "Sources". Let's leave the "Sources" as "Automatic". "Sources" is followed by "Language" and "Region". Let's leave them at their default settings.
- 10When you are satisfied with your settings, choose the blue button that says "CREATE ALERT".Then, once the item that matches your search terms has been published on the specific web site you've selected and indexed by Google, you will be notified either in your inbox or on your RSS feed, depending on your settings. This will allow you to review the newly published article.Advertisement
This has been a VisiHow tutorial on how to create a Google Alert for a specific web site. If you're having trouble creating or setting up Google Alerts, then simply leave your questions, comments, or suggestions in the area below; and we'll do our best to get back to you. Thanks for choosing VisiHow! Have a great day!
Video: Setup Google Alert for Specific Web Site
Questions and Answers
How can I insure that my website will be recognized by other people's Google alerts?
I don't understand the process by which Google alerts identifies websites or stories relevant to Google alert search categories. Should one include metadata? Thank you for your help. The article tells us how to be notified of other people's content. I'm interested in how I notify others about my content. I have tried: I just tried to find the answer on the web and could not. I think it was caused by: This question does not seem pertinent. I don't know how to answer it.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.