Set the Name for your WIFI Hotspot on the Samsung Galaxy S2,S3,S4, Note 2 and Note 3
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Charmed, Christine dela Cruz and 1 other
The ability for mobile phones to enable you to navigate and browse the internet today, check your email and go online to do your social networking is pretty incredible. More than these things, now phones can even share their internet connectivity with other devices. This is a convenient and useful tool, but we still have to make sure we use it properly and that we secure our connection since other devices can access our internet connection. This tutorial will be helpful on choosing the right wireless name and security for your internet "hotspot". Follow the step by step process below.
Setting up hotspot on a Samsung Mobile Phone
For this tutorial, I will use Samsung Galaxy S2 as an example. This should be application for devices that run the Android Operating System.
- 8It is best to use a name that is recognizable to you and to the people who you will share your wireless internet with. This way, they will be able to identify your wireless hotspot right away. To set up a wireless password, tap on the drop down that says, "Open".Enter the name that you want to use for your hotspot.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Always use security on your hotspot to make sure no one can access it without permission and there won't be any unnecessary usage on it. Use a strong password so that no one will be able to guess it.
- Turn off your hotspot when not in use to save your battery and data.
How to Make the Most Out of the WiFi Hotspot Function in your Samsung Galaxy Phone
- 1If there are too many devices using your WiFi hotspot, you will notice your connection is slow down. While it may be good to share your connection with someone else from time to time, you have to consider how it will affect your personal usage as well. If you are doing something very important, you may want to unshare your connection to avoid any disruptions.Do not share it with too many people.Advertisement
- 2If you anticipate that you will use your WiFi hotspot often for several devices, you may want to explore an unlimited data plan instead. Not only will this be more cost-efficient, it will also ensure that you will not be restricted whenever you are accessing the net through your WiFi hotspot. Being able to attach several devices will be rather useless if you are unable to maximize your consumption because you are worrying about the data plan.Subscribe to an unlimited data plan.
- 3If you are on an unlimited data plan anyway, you may want to activate as many apps as you want in terms of usage of cellular data. This way, you won't have any gaps with your connectivity. It will make your system run faster. Therefore, choose the apps you really need and make sure that you turn on cellular data for those.Allow data plan usage for various apps.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Set the Name for your WIFI Hotspot on the Samsung Galaxy S2,S3,S4, Note 2 and Note 3. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Set_the_Name_for_your_WIFI_Hotspot_on_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S2,S3,S4,_Note_2_and_Note_3
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Set the Name for your WIFI Hotspot on the Samsung Galaxy S2,S3,S4, Note 2 and Note 3." VisiHow, visihow.com/Set_the_Name_for_your_WIFI_Hotspot_on_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S2,S3,S4,_Note_2_and_Note_3 Accessed 30 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Set the Name for your WIFI Hotspot on the Samsung Galaxy S2,S3,S4, Note 2 and Note 3." Accessed Apr 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Set_the_Name_for_your_WIFI_Hotspot_on_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S2,S3,S4,_Note_2_and_Note_3.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Charmed, Lynn