Set Voice Recording as Ringtones for Contacts on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, nitid, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to set a voice recording as the ringtone for an individual contact on an HTC One M8.
- 5If we press down on this icon it's going to open up our Applications folder.In this folder we need to find the "Voice Recorder" application. This is because we want to show how to use the application to make a recording and to set it as an individual ringtone for a contact. We then, need to fold the "Tools" folder. It is located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. We will see that there is a black a black folder with a black background. Inside the black background there are different icons. It will also say the word, "Tools" underneath it. If we have moved around our applications then this folder may be in a different location in this applications folder. If we have taken this "Voice Recorder" application out of the folder then we need to locate it where ever it may be. This is the default location for the "Voice Recorder" application.
- 7Press down on that and it's going to open up the application.In the corner it says "Voice Recorder" and what we want to do is record our voice. We might want to use this just to record something personal for an individual contact. It's quite useful. I, for example, am just going to say the contact's name and I'm going to say that he's phoning. I will know, even if I cannot see my phone I will hear it and I know who is calling me. I think that is very useful because if I don't need to answer it I don't need to get up.
- 8We need to press this icon to start the recording.It is the big, red circle. If we press down on this the phone will start recording the voice. Make sure to speak clearly. Speak towards the phone, as close as possible, so the microphone can pick up the voice and understand what is being said. We will press this icon and say something quickly. Press down on it now.
- 10As we can see it says, "File saved successfully." If we want to stop the recording, as we saw, there was a big, grey square.Press down on that to stop the recording. Also, we would have seen the "Pause" icon which is the two grey vertical lines. Press that, we can pause the recording and then go back into it and continue recording.
- 12There we go.We've listened to the recording and we are happy with it. Now what we want to do is set it as the individual ringtone for our individual contact. To do that we are going to press this icon. In the top right-hand corner of the screen there are three small white squares in a vertical line. Press down on this icon.
- 15Now we have our list of contacts.Choose the contact that we want to use. I am going to choose Henry. To do that press down on the box in the far right-hand side of the screen. We can see that each contact has a box. Press down on the box until the white checkmark appears in a blue background. This means that this contact has been selected.
- 18This concludes our tutorial on how to set a voice recording as the ringtone for an individual contact on an HTC One M8.If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow and goodbye.Advertisement
Video: Set Voice Recording as Ringtones for Contacts on HTC One M8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Eng, nitid, Thor