Set Voice Recording as Ringtones for Contacts on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, nitid, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to set a voice recording as the ringtone for an individual contact on an HTC One M8.
- 5In this folder we need to find the "Voice Recorder" application. This is because we want to show how to use the application to make a recording and to set it as an individual ringtone for a contact. We then, need to fold the "Tools" folder. It is located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. We will see that there is a black a black folder with a black background. Inside the black background there are different icons. It will also say the word, "Tools" underneath it. If we have moved around our applications then this folder may be in a different location in this applications folder. If we have taken this "Voice Recorder" application out of the folder then we need to locate it where ever it may be. This is the default location for the "Voice Recorder" application.If we press down on this icon it's going to open up our Applications folder.
- 7In the corner it says "Voice Recorder" and what we want to do is record our voice. We might want to use this just to record something personal for an individual contact. It's quite useful. I, for example, am just going to say the contact's name and I'm going to say that he's phoning. I will know, even if I cannot see my phone I will hear it and I know who is calling me. I think that is very useful because if I don't need to answer it I don't need to get up.Press down on that and it's going to open up the application.
- 8It is the big, red circle. If we press down on this the phone will start recording the voice. Make sure to speak clearly. Speak towards the phone, as close as possible, so the microphone can pick up the voice and understand what is being said. We will press this icon and say something quickly. Press down on it now.We need to press this icon to start the recording.
- 10Press down on that to stop the recording. Also, we would have seen the "Pause" icon which is the two grey vertical lines. Press that, we can pause the recording and then go back into it and continue recording.As we can see it says, "File saved successfully." If we want to stop the recording, as we saw, there was a big, grey square.
- 12We've listened to the recording and we are happy with it. Now what we want to do is set it as the individual ringtone for our individual contact. To do that we are going to press this icon. In the top right-hand corner of the screen there are three small white squares in a vertical line. Press down on this icon.There we go.
- 15Choose the contact that we want to use. I am going to choose Henry. To do that press down on the box in the far right-hand side of the screen. We can see that each contact has a box. Press down on the box until the white checkmark appears in a blue background. This means that this contact has been selected.Now we have our list of contacts.
- 18If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow and goodbye.This concludes our tutorial on how to set a voice recording as the ringtone for an individual contact on an HTC One M8.Advertisement
Video: Set Voice Recording as Ringtones for Contacts on HTC One M8
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Set Voice Recording as Ringtones for Contacts on HTC One M8. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Set_Voice_Recording_as_Ringtones_for_Contacts_on_HTC_One_M8
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Set Voice Recording as Ringtones for Contacts on HTC One M8." VisiHow, visihow.com/Set_Voice_Recording_as_Ringtones_for_Contacts_on_HTC_One_M8 Accessed 26 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Set Voice Recording as Ringtones for Contacts on HTC One M8." Accessed Apr 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Set_Voice_Recording_as_Ringtones_for_Contacts_on_HTC_One_M8.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: nitid, Thor