Set Up iMessage on an iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Leomar Umpad, Eng
You are watching VisiHow and today, we are going to show you how to use your iPhone 6 to send messages for free.
- 9iMessage is fantastic it lets you send Messages between iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches and all sorts of devices. It is great! Anything that can connect to the internet can received an iMessage and there is no cost for it. So we are going to tap this, one little time - so I'll switch here (my apologies) and it's going to turn that on.What we are looking for is iMessage.
- 24Start new conversation from which one? From your phone number or from your email address? You can choose either one. If you are using just your Email address then obviously that is what you always going to be using. The advantage of using an email address is that someone on the computer can easily access you and they do not actually need your phone number. For example, a computer - meaning a Mac.I got my two addresses set.
- 25Having your phone number sometimes might not work for them but having your email will always work. Anyway I am going to leave this as my phone number for now because you never know why I am going to message someone and they might want to call me.If someone is on Mac, or an iPad, or something else like that or iPod touch and they want to message you.
- 28I am a fan, I supposed, of 30 days thing. It will delete all the messages - anything older than 30 days gets deleted. At the moment I am going to cancel this and leave it set to forever. I usually go through and manually delete all of my messages. I will show you how to delete messages a little bit later in another tutorial. Anyway, that is how your stuff says."Keep Messages"- for 30 Days, for 1 Year, for forever.
- 29This is actually pretty cool. Your Audio Messages expire after 2 minutes. That means the persons listens to it and then it go away after 2 minutes. You can set this up as "Never", so that they never go away and you can just delete them when you want to. So I am going to set this up as Never because sometimes my kids might send me a really cute message and I really love those little guys. Now we have got that setup."Audio Messages"- you can send people Audio Messages.
- 31Again those kids, I am going to set this to Never. I delete the things that I do not want manually and I do not have hundreds of people messaging me. The minute start hundreds of people messaging me, I am going to change my account and then I am not going to have hundreds of people messaging me so that is all good."Video Messages" - video messages expire after 2 minutes or again, same situation you can set it to expire as Never.
- 33If you need additional help or assistance do please let us know in the section below. We will be happy to help you out and answer any questions you may have. Thanks for choosing VisiHow. Have a great day and be sure to check out some of our other videos. We have everything you need to use your iPhone 6, your Samsung Galaxy, your HTC, or your Nexus, just let us know.That is going to take us back to our Home screen and this concludes our tutorial on how to set Up iMessages for your iPhone 6.Advertisement
Video: Set Up iMessage on an iPhone 6
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Set Up iMessage on an iPhone 6. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Set_Up_iMessage_on_an_iPhone_6
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Set Up iMessage on an iPhone 6." VisiHow, visihow.com/Set_Up_iMessage_on_an_iPhone_6 Accessed 29 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Set Up iMessage on an iPhone 6." Accessed May 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Set_Up_iMessage_on_an_iPhone_6.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Leomar Umpad, Grimm