Set Up a Twitter Account
Edited by Vick Oluoch, Charmed, Jonathan, Graeme and 1 other
Twitter is a social media platform that enables you to send updates in real time. If you have a business, you can take advantage of this platform to advertise your business.
Twitter is one of the most powerful social media tools due to its ability to trend topic worldwide in real time. With a Twitter account you can promote your business in a way that other social media tools can't. Some of the Twitter's strength includes: keeping content short, direct connection to influencers and the high level of interaction.
To set up a twitter account, kindly follow the following steps:
- 1Go to http://twitter.com.Since you are new to Twitter choose the "Join the Conversation" . You will be required to your full name, password and email address. After entering all the required information accept the terms of service.Advertisement
- 2You will then be required to create a unique password.Based on your full name, Twitter will recommend suitable suggestions for you.Advertisement
- 3After you have created your username, you can start connecting with other "tweeps".To search your email contacts who already have Twitter accounts, you will be required to enter your email and password.
- 4There is also an option to invite your email contacts who are not on Twitter.This is to enable you have a large pool of database of followers.
- 5After you complete the above steps, you are officially on Twitter.The easiest way of getting started with Twitter is interacting with the people that you already know.
Advantages of using Twitter
- 1Twitter is a democracy:You can follow anyone on Twitter and they can follow you back. You do not have to officially accept someone's invitation for you to see his updates.Advertisement
- 2Twitter allows you to be anonymous:Unlike Facebook which usually require your real name, Twitter allows you to be anonymous. You can choose to be anonymous by choosing a username that is not related to your name.
- 3Twitter can be automated:Third party services like HootSuite can automatically tweet for you on a daily basis. You do not need to log in on a regular basis to tweet.
- 4Twitter is easy to use:Twitter is very direct and easy to use. Updates are usually limited to 140 characters.
- 5With a Twitter account, one tweet can reach millions if it is retweeted again and again.Your followers also have their own followers. Who knows, you can be a Twitter celebrity!
- 6Twitter is a no nonsense, cheap (actually free), and very popular advertising medium for your products and services.You start by telling your friends to follow you. Of course, they have their own friends and followers on Twitter. So, in this way, it will have a multiplier effect, and your products and services are already advertised. Many people, with least effort, will be made aware of what you are selling.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Graeme, Jonathan, Charmed