Set Up a New Free to Play Account on DDO
Edited by MsBarbs, Eng
Today we are going to be discussing how to set up a new free to play account for Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO). DDO is a computer game from 2006, which started out as a full-featured, triple-A, online multiplayer game. However, over time the subscription fee was dropped in favor of a free to play version. In fact, it was the first game of this type to go mainstream and free to play. It is still a very strong game and there are a number of people who enjoy playing it.
- 1Open a web browser and go to the Dungeons & Dragons Online website.Advertisement
- 3Complete the registration process by filling in all required fields, checking the boxes, and click 'Next'. Honestly, especially when you are starting off with a free game, there is no need to have a complex password. Pick something that is very simple and easy for you to remember so that you won't forget it. As a general rule you don't want to use a username that is also your name or anything else that is easy to guess. Pick something simple, the name of your dog, father's middle name, or anything like that. Just something that is not going to be easy for someone who may want to access your account to take it. Since this is free and a trial it doesn't really matter that we are doing this. As a general rule, when I'm setting up a game account, I never use a username that anyone can easily guess.Complete the registration process.
- 4If you have a Windows computer you will click download and if you are using a Mac you will click 'Mac Download'. It is a relatively large download. You can also spend money in the game. These are known as 'turbine points', basically you purchase points then choose what you want to do with them. As you can see the game is rated 'T' for teen. It is not recommended for young children however, you can turn off some of the blood.After clicking next, you will be taken to the download page where you can download the appropriate game version for your computer system.
- 8There are two installation options they are 'Express Install' and 'Custom'. We are going to click express install because it is nice and easy. It lets us install without having to worry about anything else. However, if you want, you can click custom in order to choose game settings like high resolution or low resolution, progressive or full download. Let's select high resolution because we want it to look good, and progressive download to get into the game as quickly as possible.Choose which install option you prefer.
- 11As you can see we have a shortcut to resume download that has been added to our desktop. Thank you for choosing VisiHow, and we look forward to playing DDO with you.Minimize the download window and close others.Advertisement
Video: Set Up a New Free to Play Account on DDO
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Set Up a New Free to Play Account on DDO. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Set_Up_a_New_Free_to_Play_Account_on_DDO
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Set Up a New Free to Play Account on DDO." VisiHow, visihow.com/Set_Up_a_New_Free_to_Play_Account_on_DDO Accessed 23 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Set Up a New Free to Play Account on DDO." Accessed May 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Set_Up_a_New_Free_to_Play_Account_on_DDO.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: MsBarbs