Set Up a Microsoft Account on Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng, Jen M and 19 others
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we're going to show you how to set up a Microsoft account on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 1 Steps
2 Questions and Answers
- 2.1 Why can't I create my Microsoft account?
- 2.2 How to zoom in primary camera?
- 2.3 Step wise setup for Microsoft account?
- 2.4 How to download applications from the stores?
- 2.5 Forgot my password of Microsoft Lumia phone account?
- 2.6 Set up my family, what is this showing while I start downloading?
- 2.7 Can't connect Microsoft mobile 535?
- 2.8 I got a message on my phone which says can't connect, code error for posterity 800c0019, what should I do?
- 3 Comments
- 8We need to create one, or if you already have one, this is what you can do. Press the sign in button at the bottom left of your screen. This will bring up the option for you to sign in using your Hotmail account or an Xbox Live account if you have one, allowing you to sync all of your information.Now, that's done.
- 22First, we have Country code. Tap that to bring up a list of countries. You will need to find the country you're currently in, so scroll up and down until you find your country of residence with the number you need to input for the country code. We're going to put Georgia, where we are currently based. Georgia is +995.On the next screen, we have Security info.
- 24Near the bottom, you should see this message: If you accept, the words you speak and supporting data, including recent contact names, will be sent to Microsoft to provide and improve the speech recognition service. By allowing access, you can use additional speech features on your phone. So this gives us a little bit more options about what we can and cannot say. So we click the next button.The next screen says What can I say.
- 25We can get the latest Windows Phone information, tips and promotional offers from Microsoft, let Microsoft Advertising use your account information or be sent promotional offers from Microsoft. Check the box in front to choose these options, or uncheck them if desired. I'm going to deselect mine because I don't feel that I need them.The next screen is Preferences.
- 28Microsoft is quite serious about protecting our identity, and we are going to have to receive a text from them on this phone. We now need, as you can see in the box at the bottom of the screen, to enter the last four digits of your phone number to verify that it is us, and we are an authentic person.We need to verify our identity now.
- 32I need to enter the code, so press the code box and use the keypad to enter the code. Press Next at the bottom to continue. Microsoft will confirm that we are human. After a short amount of loading, we will be able to interact with our Microsoft account.We can return to our previous screen by swiping up from the bottom.
- 33You can save your photos to the OneDrive, which is an online cloud system that allows you to store your photos. If anything happens to your phone, you can still retrieve them. Your photos will still exist. You can also sync your text messages and backup phone settings and app data.It also brings up an option to backup information.
- 39If you have any questions or suggestions about this video, please leave them in the comments section below. You've been watching VisiHow. Goodbye.So this concludes our tutorial on how to set up a Microsoft account on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
Video: Set Up a Microsoft Account on Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Why can't I create my Microsoft account?
Can't connect, we are having trouble signing in. Make sure you have a good reception, if you do, you may want to wait a little while before trying again
This might be caused by several problems. Start with altering the date and time settings.
- Swipe left on the home screen to the application list, *tap "Settings", and
- tap "date+time".
- Tap the toggle next to "Set Automatically" to "Off".
- Tap "Time zone", "Date", and "Time" to set the correct values.
- Make sure that the date, hours, and minutes match the real date and time.
- Tap the back button several times to go back to "Settings" and sign in with your Microsoft account again by tapping "email+accounts".
If this did not help, find a WiFi network Swipe left on the home screen to get to the application list, *tap "Settings", and
- tap "WiFi". Select a WiFi network to connect to it.
- Tap the back button several times to go back to "Settings" and sign in with your Microsoft account by tapping "email+accounts".
If neither of the previous methods helped you, reset your phone as a last resort. This might erase some of your data stored on the phone, but it will not touch the SD card data.
- Swipe left on the home screen to get to the application list and tap "Settings".
- Tap "about", and
- tap "Reset your phone".
- Study the information minutely, then tap "Yes" twice if you agree.
- After the phone is reset, repeat the first two steps if it is still not signing you up to your account; and the problem will be fixed!
How to zoom in primary camera?
I can't take photos with zoom. why? How to resolve this, please help me.
Unfortunately, zooming is not possible on Microsoft Lumia 535. All third-party software will be as effective as cropping the picture.
Step wise setup for Microsoft account?
How to sign in Microsoft account?
- 1Signing into the Microsoft Account from your PC.
- launch your browser and go to Microsoft Sign-In
- use your e-mail address and password and click "Sign in".
- 2Signing into the Microsoft Account for Windows 8.1 users.
- move the mouse to the lower-right corner of the screen.
- move the mouse up and click the "Settings" icon.
- click "Change PC settings".
- click "Accounts" and then click "Your account".
- click "Connect to a Microsoft account".
- 3Signing into the Microsoft Account from your Lumia 535.
- swipe left on the home screen to get to the application menu.
- tap "Settings".
- tap "email + accounts".
- tap "Add an account".
- tap "Microsoft account".
- on the "Keep your life in sync" screen, tap "Sign in" and follow the instructions to log in with the account.
- 4Tap "Sign in" and follow the instructions.When you hard reset your phone or buy it as new, follow the setup instructions on your phone until you get to the "Keep your life in sync" screen.
How to download applications from the stores?
Explain it, because I can't download it
- 1You have to make sure that you are signed in with your Microsoft Account.
- To sign in, swipe left from the home screen to get to the application list, tap "Settings", and tap "email+accounts" to sign in or register with your Microsoft account.
- 2You have to make sure that other people in your area have access to the store.The Phone Store may not be available in your country or region.
- 3Tap it.You can launch the Store by swiping left from the home screen, scrolling through and finding the "Store" application.
- If you cannot find the "Store" icon, it might be named "Marketplace". In this case, your phone needs updating. Refer to Update Your Microsoft Lumia 535 to update your phone.
- 4You can connect your phone to your PC and go to microsoft.com/store/apps on your PC to download applications too.
- 5Now, if your problem lies in getting errors or slow downloads, do a soft reset.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for 15 seconds until the phone vibrates and turns itself off.
- Do not slide down to power off.
- After the phone reboots, make sure that your date and time settings are correct and are in the manual setting.
- Now, tap "Settings".
- tap "email+accounts".
- then tap and hold "Microsoft Account", and
- tap "Sync".
Forgot my password of Microsoft Lumia phone account?
Forgot my password of Microsoft Lumia phone account
On the PC go to Windows Reset Password module. Give the reason that you need to reset your password and begin the process. You will have to prove you are not a robot and then they will send a code to the alternate email or phone number you provided when you set up your security. If you can't get the security code, you can choose I did not get the code or that you do not have access to the alternate email/phone number. You will then be given a security questionnaire to complete. Try to avoid this step because they could restrict full access to your account for 30 days.
Set up my family, what is this showing while I start downloading?
What is that family setup? When I start downloading its showing setup my family, why?
My Family is part of the Nokia/Windows Accounts where you usually have to set that up to install certain apps like WhatsApp. Age restricted apps require that you verify your age on your Windows Account. If you have your parent's on your account, it will block the download until they permit it, if your age falls under the age restriction.
Make sure you verified your Windows Account when you set it up on the phone. Then go to begin the installation process again. If you still see My Family appearing you can set that up with the Microsoft website.
See more questions like this: I AM UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD WhatsApp IN MY HTC TITAN PI39100 MOBILE?
Can't connect Microsoft mobile 535?
Please give me a solution, Microsoft Mobile 535 can't sign in, have error message coming
Check your Settings for the date, time and location. Make sure that they are all correct including the year. If you still can't sign in then go to the Reset Password link in the QnA page and you can follow the prompts to let them know that although you are using the correct credentials, you can't sign in.
You may have enabled 2 step verification which you can change from your account on the PC in those settings.
See more questions like this: My question is about my family setup in Lumia 535?
I got a message on my phone which says can't connect, code error for posterity 800c0019, what should I do?
Got a message which says can't connect code error for posterity 800c0019. I have tried: To login with my account, but I continue to get the same message!
Go to your phone settings and check the time and date. This code usually means that the time and date are incorrect. The most common change is the year which many people miss when the time and day of the week/month are correct.