Set Up a Microsoft Account on Any Device With Your Web Browser
Edited by VisiHow, Yuliya, Eng, Anonymous
Hi, you're watching VisiHow and today we're going to show you how to set up a Microsoft account for anyone. This means if you're using an Apple computer, an iPhone, a Macbook, a Linux machine - it doesn't matter. Anything that you're using you can go and set up a Microsoft account for yourself.
- 10Phone number helps us keep our account secure.We're going to put in a phone number here. We're going to hide this because honestly we don't want to get called by you guys at 4 in the morning when you need help with something. We do want to help you, we just don't want to wake up at 4 o'clock in the morning to do it. Make sure you leave us questions and comments and we'll be happy to help you though! So let's try it without entering a phone number and see what happens.
- 13You will now see a confirmation message.It says:"We need to verify that this email address is yours. Before you can continue, you need to check your inbox for a message from the Microsoft account team. Follow the instructions in the mail to finish setting up your account." This means two things: 1. We actually did not need to have a phone number. That's nice. You used to have to have a phone number. 2. We're going to need to log into our Gmail account.
- 15We are taken to the Microsoft welcome page.Here you can manage your account. This is the exact same window as you would be in if you had logged in from your Windows 8 computer. We now have another Visi account. We have our basic info, our payment and billing, phones, and our security and privacy. It's exactly the same as the other tutorial we had so I'm not going to go ahead and complete all that again. I will, however, make a video for how to delete a Microsoft account because we don't need this account.
- 16Thanks for your time!Make sure you check our video for how to delete your Microsoft account if you ever intend to delete your account. Otherwise, enjoy the Microsoft services. We look forward to seeing you back on VisiHow and hope that you have a great day. Thanks very much!Advertisement
Video: Set Up a Microsoft Account on Any Device With Your Web Browser
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.