Set Up Your First Project in Sony Vegas Pro
Edited by Feels, Zack, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a Sony Vegas tutorial on getting started on your first project in Sony Vegas Pro.
- 1When you are first getting started with the project, decide what you want to output your video as.This is almost always going to be in 1080p which is HD and a 16:9 aspect ratio format. If that sounds a little bit confusing, think of YouTube. YouTube comes up in a 16:9 box and it is in 1080p most of the time. In a nutshell, this is the optimal format no matter what you are going to be doing. To change that, click on the little tab on the far left right above the black video box that says "Project Video Properties" when you hover over it and click that. That will open a window with a few different tabs.Advertisement
- 8Fix the video preview box by dragging its bar out and positioning it how you like.To change the layout of all the boxes such as the timeline, you can click on the little blue dots and drag the boxes to wherever you like. Now you are ready to input your media into Sony Vegas Pro. This is very simple because it uses an easy drag and drop method.
- 9First go to whatever window you have such as the desktop or a folder, and find your audio, video or photo that you would like to import.Once you have found it, just drag it into Sony Vegas Pro's "Project Media" box. It will come up as an MP3, WAV, and so on. For an MP4 video or an Apple video, you are going to need to have Quicktime installed. That is very handy to have. Once you have your media loaded, you are ready to start making your first video in Sony Vegas Pro.
- 10Thank you for watching this Sony Vegas Pro tutorial video on VisiHow!Advertisement
Video: Set Up Your First Project in Sony Vegas Pro
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng, Zack, Feels