Set Up Smartglass on the Xbox 360
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Anonymous, Lynn
Technology has come a long way since the release of the original Xbox 360 way back in late 2005. When the console first launched there was no web browser, many users didn't have a hard drive connected to their console, and Windows XP was still Microsoft's flagship operating system. Fast forward to 2013 and the Xbox 360 has a few new tricks up its sleeve. Aside from going through some design revisions, cloud functionality and numerous new software features, there is one of those features that really stands out and it's all part of Microsoft's vision for three screens and a cloud: Xbox SmartGlass.
What is Xbox SmartGlass and What You Will Need
SmartGlass is an application for the Xbox 360 (and will also feature on the upcoming Xbox One) that lets you use your Windows 8, Windows Phone, Android and iOS devices to control and interact with your Xbox wirelessly. You can use SmartGlass to:
- 1Control the Xbox home screens and certain applications.Advertisement
- 2Work as a virtual mouse and keyboard for Internet Explorer.Advertisement
- 3Work as a media remote controller for apps like Netflix and Hulu.
- 4Use your compatible device as a secondary screen and additional input for supported games (much like the Wii-You or Nintendo DS).
To take advantage of SmartGlass you will need the following:
- 1An Xbox 360 console connected to Xbox Live with the latest software updates.
- 2SmartGlass needs to be installed on a compatible device that you will use as the secondary screen.The app is currently available for Windows 8, Windows Phone (7.5,7.8 and 8.0), iOS and select Android devices.
- 3An internet connection for the compatible device.
Setting Up SmartGlass
- 1From your Xbox home screen, navigate to "Settings" and then "System".Advertisement
- 2Open up "Connected Devices".
- 3You will see an option for Xbox SmartGlass Apps; select "On".
- 4That's it.Now all you need to do is install the SmartGlass App on your compatible device to begin exploring Microsoft's vision of the future.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : XBOX
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Batkingnz