Set Up Smartglass on Your Smartphone or PC
Edited by Batkingnz, Adrian Penaflor, Lynn, Anonymous and 1 other
SmartGlass is an application for the Xbox 360 and compatible devices (SmartGlass will also be a feature on the upcoming Xbox One) that lets you use your Windows 8, Windows Phone, Android and iOS devices to control and interact with your Xbox wirelessly. You can use SmartGlass to:
- Control the Xbox home screens and certain applications.
- Work as a virtual mouse and keyboard for Internet Explorer.
- Work as a media remote controller for apps like Netflix and Hulu, with some apps having rich new interactive features.
- Use your compatible device as a secondary screen and additional input for supported games (Much like the Wii-You or Nintendo DS).
- A Windows 8 device such as a Tablet or a Windows Phone 8 device, a compatible Android device running 4.0 or later, or a compatible iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad running iOS 5 or later.
- An Xbox live profile.
- An Internet connection.
- An Xbox 360 or One.
See our instructions below for setting up SmartGlass on your compatible device.
Set Up SmartGlass On Windows Devices
- 1Open your Windows start screen or Windows Phone home screen on your device and open the Windows Store.Advertisement
- 2Choose search and enter "SmartGlass" as your search query.Advertisement
Set Up SmartGlass On Android Devices
- 1From your Android device go to the Google Play Store from your home screen.If you have removed the icon, go to your app menu to locate the Play Store icon.Advertisement
- 2In the search box, type "SmartGlass".
- 3Press "Install".Once SmartGlass has finished installing, it will be added to your home screen automatically.
Set Up SmartGlass on iOS Devices
- 1Open the App Store from your iOS device.The app store can be found on your home screens.
- 2Use the "Search" icon and type "SmartGlass".
- 3Press "Install".
- 4When installation is complete, SmartGlass will be automatically added to your home screen.Advertisement
Using SmartGlass with your Xbox 360
The functions of SmartGlass will change depending on the apps or games that you use it with. Check out this video walkthrough to see some of the features currently working with SmartGlass.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- SmartGlass is not available for all devices and/or regions. If SmartGlass is not available in your App Store, you can contact Microsoft for further information about availability.
- The performance of SmartGlass can vary depending on the speed of your connection, as well as the speed of your compatible device.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.