Set SIM Configurations for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Edited by David Mason, Eng, VisiHow, tanha
Any time you insert a new SIM card into a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you should receive configuration messages from your carrier. These messages arrive in the form of text messages. However, their icon looks a little different than the standard SMS icon in the notification panel. It shows up as an SMS message with a little gear icon on the side of it. Anytime you see this, it means you received a configuration message. You can choose to install or delete these configuration messages, at your option. If you do not receive configuration messages, contact your carrier; otherwise, read on for our tutorial on how to install configuration messages from your carrier on a Samsung Galaxy S7.
Setup SMS Configuration Messages
- 14You will now be taken back to the home screen of your device, and you can begin using it with your newly installed configurations.Advertisement
- Sometimes, you may need to remove the SIM and then insert the SIM again to get your carrier to send the configuration messages.
- If you have trouble getting the configuration messages, try removing the SIM cards and restarting your Galaxy S7. Then put the SIM card back in and restart once more.
- If none of the tips above work, remove the SIM cards, and reset your phone. If that does not work, you will need to visit your carrier to get the settings fixed or, in some cases, get a new SIM card.
Questions and Answers
I received a SIM configuration message but didn't install it?
I received a SIM configuration message but didn't install it
You have several resolutions to this situation besides the ones indicated in the tips above:
- turn the phone off, take the SIM card out, and insert a SIM card of another operator who will send you its configuration settings once the phone has been turned on. Then, reinsert your original SIM card to receive your configuration settings;
- send a special SMS message with a specific text to your network operator to receive your settings;
- find an option or application installed by your operator in your smartphone to get the configuration settings;
- visit the Web site of your network operator and find the APN settings for SMS, WAP, GPRS, and MMS that you can manually enter into your phone.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Eng, David Mason