Set Quiet Hours on a Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Colette Cole, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to set quiet hours on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 5This is where your phone will turn off notifications and noises. It won't allow people to call you unless you allow certain people to call you and it just creates an opportunity for you not to be disturbed by your phone. Perhaps you want to read to your child for 1 hour a day. You don't want to turn your phone off, but you don't want it to interfere with this moment. Perhaps you visit a church or you need another time of peace and of disconnection from your phone. You can do this set that time using quiet hours. We need to go into the settings menu in Cortana. This is located in the top right-hand corner of the screen. It is the button with the 3 horizontal lines.What we're trying to do, is show you how to set up quiet hours.
- 7If you have purchased your phone in America and you are in America, then Cortana will be activated. If it's from outside of America, then it will be on your phone but it will not be activated. You will need to activate it yourself. It's a very simple process involving a change in a few settings. If you need to do this, there is a video on how to do it on this website. Search for how to activate Cortana on a phone outside of the USA, watch that video, learn how to do it, be shown how to do it and then come back and watch this video again.At this point, it's also very important to point out Cortana does not come activated on phones outside of the United States of America.
- 13Now it is on quiet hours. That means Cortana handles your calls and takes and turns off notifications. So people cannot get through to me right now. This is my quiet time. If I don't want to do it right now, but I want to do it at a certain time. If I swipe "Automatic rules", it will turn it on.So this is activated right now.
- 14Cortana will then connect this application with your calendar applications. If you have a calendar or if you use your calendar and you have set a particular day or a particular time as an event, which are marked as busy, then Cortana will automatically turn your phone to quiet hours. So we can turn on during these times in order to select times.Then we're going to be given the option to turn on during these times or turn when I have a calendar event marked "busy".
- 26You've been watching VisiHow. Goodbye!If you have any questions or comments about this video, please leave the comments section below.Advertisement
Video: Set Quiet Hours on a Microsoft Lumia 535
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Set Quiet Hours on a Microsoft Lumia 535. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Set_Quiet_Hours_on_a_Microsoft_Lumia_535
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Set Quiet Hours on a Microsoft Lumia 535." VisiHow, visihow.com/Set_Quiet_Hours_on_a_Microsoft_Lumia_535 Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Set Quiet Hours on a Microsoft Lumia 535." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Set_Quiet_Hours_on_a_Microsoft_Lumia_535.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Colette Cole, Thor