Set Power Saving Mode on the Galaxy S5
Edited by Grimm, Jentruh, Eng, Jen M and 1 other
Hi. You are watching VisiHow. Today, we are going to show you how to turn on power saving mode.
- 1That is going to open up your phone. And we are going to swipe across the screen, to unlock our screen. This is going to take us to our home area. If you are already in your phone for example in the apps menu, you just press the home menu to get back to the home screen. Again, if you were in another area in your phone, the home button is here at the bottom. You'll simply press the home button. That will take you back to your home screen. What we want to do next is to access our settings options.To start with, you are going to press the power button which is the button on the right-hand side of your phone.Advertisement
- 2Again, I'll press the home button and show you that again. Swipe down from the top of your screen and here is the settings options. You just press that settings gear-shaped icon and that will take you to the settings menu. So let's press the home button to get back to the home screen and from any of your screens that you have, you should be able to find the apps menu on the lower right-hand side and tap the apps menu (checkerboard icon).The easiest way to access setting is to swipe down from the top of the screen.Advertisement
- 7You have the option for power saving mode and the option for ultra power saving mode. Ultra power saving mode is extreme power conversion, you can have a battery charged like mine at 80% and you can get about 10 days worth of charge from that. Power saving mode is just going to reduce some of the usages and let you save a little bit of power. You can turn things off by changing the screen from color to greyscale and that sort of thing. Tap on power saving mode.Once you are in power saving mode, you have two options.
- 10All these things are designed to conserve our power and not let us waste power. So go ahead and click OK, tap the OK button.When we restrict background data, that's going to limit our ability to download context from the internet, or Google play store, play multimedia in applications like music, videos from YouTube, download games, receive and send messages and that type of thing.
- 12it's going to turn on enabling restrict background performance, what this is going to do is turn off lights for touch keys, limit the maximum performance of CPU, screen output, you can also have your GPS turned off if you have it turned on, I currently have it turned off elsewhere so that's not an issue for me.
- 17So power button, swipe across your screen, back to your apps here or swipe down for your settings, So apps, and then settings, or if we need to see it another way. Press the home screen, swipe down and we will tap on settings. Ok now back into power saving mode, we can turn it off here or if we swipe down to your notifications screen you can see that your background data is restricted and the power saving mode is turned on.Alright, that may be an issue for some of you.The only way to turn it back to the way it was is by turning off power saving mode.
- 18Now I press the home key, my power saving mode is off, it's restoring everything back to the way it use to be. As you can see, I now have my color screen back, my icons are back, and all of my other features are coming up. The little warning that was on the top before is now gone.So you can tap it here as well as I just did and you can just tap that switch to turn it off.
- 20As you notice my phone hesitates a little bit by the way for those who are here for an Android as suppose to Samsung Galaxy that's due to Samsung's touches rapper, it slows things down a bit, nothing you can do about it. Unless you route the phone, we do have a guide on routing your phone, but that's an advanced guide and we don't recommend it for everyone because sometimes you will not be able to get your phone back exactly the way it was from the factory.Sorry!
- 26I'm going to have it set to greyscale, I am going to have some severely restricted applications, only the ones that are determined essential by the phone with a few other settings in there. It's also going to turn off a lot of connectivity features, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. So let's go ahead an tap on OK.However, it's going to change my screen color.
- 27We will just have to be patient and when I say a minute I really mean about 15 seconds. So it's not like it's that long, you can already see the background has changed, we now already got our phone icon, message icon, our little read out at the bottom 81%, I got 10 days. Which is pretty good.It's going to take a minute for this to get everything turned on and set up.
- 41Unless of course I might be out hiking in the wild and have my waterproof Samsung Galaxy S5 with me, just in case I fall in the river and get washed downstream, I'm not sure.That is going to restore me back to my settings, I'm going to have color again, I'm going to have my features re-enabled, I will actually be able to use the phone the way I like to use it.
- 42There we go, and everything's back, back to normal. Closing our lock screen, and pushing it again to see, we should now have 6 to 8 seconds. You will notice like my S-Health, it takes a minute for some of things that would normally be synchronized with your lock screen to come back and be synced again.Anyway, here we are back, it will take a moment because you can see the power saving icon up there, it will go away in just a minute.
- 43If you have any questions or comments lets us know in the section below. Otherwise, have a great day, see you in our next video.So thank you very much for using VisiHow, and I hope this guide has been helpful for you.Advertisement
Video: Set Power Saving Mode on the Galaxy S5
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Set Power Saving Mode on the Galaxy S5. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Set_Power_Saving_Mode_on_the_Galaxy_S5
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Set Power Saving Mode on the Galaxy S5." VisiHow, visihow.com/Set_Power_Saving_Mode_on_the_Galaxy_S5 Accessed 30 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Set Power Saving Mode on the Galaxy S5." Accessed Mar 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Set_Power_Saving_Mode_on_the_Galaxy_S5.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Jen M, Eng, Jentruh