Set Audio Volumes on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Courtney, Jen M
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to set audio volumes on an HTC One M8.
- 5As we can see this has loaded up our notification panel. What we need to find now is the Settings icon, located at the top right-hand corner of the screen. We can see there is a white cog icon. This icon is our Settings icon.To open the Notifications panel, we will press at the top of the screen and swipe downwards.
- 7It will say "PHONE" at the top, inside of a gray bar. This is our Phone section. We want to locate the option labeled "Sound & notifications". Next to these words we can see the Sounds & notifications icon. This icon features a speaker emitting sound waves.Now we will scroll down until we get to the "PHONE" section.
- 9Here we will have three different volumes. We have volume number one, this is labeled "Ringtone & notifications" which controls these volumes. Second we have "Music & videos". Lastly, we have "Alarms". This is very helpful because it allows us to set different volumes. Perhaps we want to listen to music loud but we want our ringtone to be quiet, or for example we need our alarms to be very loud so that we can hear them. We can press down on these green lines, indicating how full the bar is, to change them to what percentage of the volume we want selected. Right now, we can see our "Ringtone & notifications" volume is very low.Press down on the option labeled "Volumes", this is going to show us our different volumes.
- 10If we press down somewhere towards the left on this bar the volume will be quite low. To the left for a quieter tone, to the right if we want the volume to be louder.Simply press down anywhere on the bar, the gray area or the green area, this will change the volume and give us an example of how loud it will be.
- 11This will select our choice of volume. However, there is another way we can edit these volumes that will be a lot quicker. If we want to go through the Settings we can do so, but it will take up more of our time.We can see that we can alter and edit all of these just by pressing down anywhere on the bar.
- 12The top button will turn the volume up, and the bottom button will turn the volume down. Pressing down on one of these buttons will cause a bar to appear, however, it will also disappear very quickly. First let's get out of the "Volumes" section, we can do this by either pressing "Done" or "Cancel" located at the bottom of the pop-up. If we do not exit this section first, the pop-bar will not appear.If we want to edit these options quickly, we can start by pressing down on one of the Volume button, located on the right side of the device.
- 13Then we can go to press the white cog icon, this will bring us to the same menu we were looking at before. This will be slightly different, however, with no Done or Cancel buttons added. It will also disappear after a short period of time. We will demonstrate again, let's open up the pop-up a second time by pressing down on one the Volume buttons.We will now press down on one of the volume buttons, which will cause a pop-up featuring the word "RINGTONE" at the top to appear.
- 15Just as we have done previously, we can tap anywhere on the green and gray bars to change the volume settings. We can do this as we like. Be warned though, it will disappear quite quickly. However, it at least allows us to go to this menu a lot quicker than going through the Settings. If we would rather press down on the option labeled Volumes we may do so, then it will not disappear until we press Done or Cancel after making our choices.Here we will have the same options featured in the Ringtones & notification panel, with the label "Volumes" at the top.
- 16We can either go the longer way, which involves going through the Settings menu to find the Sound & notifications menu, and then search through to find the Volumes option. Alternatively, we can press down on the Volume button and then tapping on the white cog, but be warned it will disappear quite quickly.Therefore, we can see that there are two ways to set audio volumes on an HTC One M8.
- 17If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process that you have seen in the video then please leave them in the comment section below. We shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow, and goodbye.This then concludes our tutorial on how to set the audio volumes on an HTC One M8.
Video: Set Audio Volumes on HTC One M8
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Courtney, Thor