Send a Message on Skype with Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Sid Bedekar, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to send an instant message when using the Skype application on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3Mine is located here. You can see that there is a blue tile background and in the middle, there is the Skype logo which is a white circle with a blue "S" inside. If you have not pinned the Skype tile to your home screen, swipe left and find it in the Apps menu. Once you have located the Skype tile - wherever it may be - press down on the tile to allow us to enter the application.On the home screen, we need to find the Skype tile.
- 4To do that, we can go to one or two different menus. Right now you can see that we are in the "recent" section; it says "recent" here at the top in a darker blue text. Here, we can see all of our recent communications. This is one area we can find a contact in.Once in the application, we need to find a contact.
- 5You can see it says (highlighted in darker blue) people at the top. This is where we will find a complete list of all the people and all of our contacts in this application. We only have one because we do not have many contacts on this phone right now.If your contact is not in recent, we can swipe left until we get to the "people" section.
- 8You might be able to see that there is a small green circle beside the name. This means that the contact is live; they are online and available to chat. If you cannot see that green dot, then you know that they are not online and not available to communicate with.Right at the top, there is the name of our contact.
- 10We want to send an instant message to our contact. We have been asked about reports in the conversation so we can tell them "Reports done. Making Videos now". Not going to write anything too long. As you can see, we have written a little message. That is enough to demonstrate how to use this function and this part of the application.In the keypad, we want to respond to this message.
- 12It has moved up onto the screen and you can see it is highlighted by a very light blue color and this shows us that it is the last message that has been sent. If we want to send more messages, you can repeat the process. Type in the text you want and send via the icon at the bottom and this will allow you to communicate via instant messaging.Once it is pressed, you can see that here, the message has been sent.
- 13If you have any questions, comments, or queries about this video or about the application itself, then please leave them in the comment section below and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow, goodbye.This concludes our tutorial on how to send an instant message when using the Skype application on a Microsoft Lumia 535.Advertisement