Send a Contact via NFC on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Daniel, Eng, Nuance
Technology is evolving every day. What you deem indispensable today might not be available tomorrow.
If you have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and you want to send a contact to a friend who also has a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, did you know you can send contacts through NFC?
Aside from doing business cards or sending them via Bluetooth, this is one of the easiest ways to send contacts to any other phone that supports NFC. NFC stands for - Near Field Communication. This is a short-range wireless connectivity standard that uses magnetic field induction that allows two devices to communicate when they touch each other, or at the least, brought within a few centimeters of each other.
This article is part of the series on about Samsung Galaxy S5.
Send Contacts Via NFC on Samsung Galaxy S5
Please refer to the steps below:
- 1Ensure that both phones support NFC.Advertisement
- 2On the phone, tap "Apps".Advertisement
- 3Go to the "Contacts Application" on your phone.
- 4Place your phone to the other phone - back to back.
- 5Select a contact that you want to send to the other phone - once you have the screen profile.
- 6Tap anywhere on screen of the profile.
- 8On the other phone, you must confirm the receipt of the contact.
- 9After confirming, it will be sent on the phone.
If you are going to send pictures, it's pretty much the same steps, but instead of going to contacts, you need to go to the "Gallery" app.
How to Pair The Samsung Galaxy S5 To Bluetooth Accessory
If you have a Bluetooth speaker, Mono pod, headset and any other accessories that are compatible with Android 4.4.2 - you can sync them by following the steps below:
- 1Ensure the accessory is turned on.Advertisement
- 2Go to "Apps".
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4Tap on "Network Connections" and choose "Bluetooth".
- 5Turn on the Bluetooth located on the top right corner
- 6Once the Bluetooth scans for available accessories, it will automatically be visible in the list of available devices.
- 1Go to "Apps".
- 2Go to "Settings".
- 3Go to "Network Connections" then to "Bluetooth".
- 5Tap "Unpair" to remove it from the paired accessories.
How to Enable Flight Mode On Samsung Galaxy S5
If you are in a place where all radio transmitters are not allowed to be turned on like on a plane, it is helpful for you to know how to turn on Airplane or Flight Mode so you won't be embarrassed by getting a warning to turn yours off. This is also handy to do if you are travelling and you don't want "roaming" on.
- 1Tap "Apps".Advertisement
- 2Go to "Settings".
- 5To turn Flight Mode off, drag the slider to the left.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng, Daniel