Sell your car
Edited by Ephraim, Charmed, Eng, Maria
This article will be on how you can sell your car on your terms and nobody else's terms. Selling your car can help you to get the maximum money of your car if done by yourself and not by a dealer to have your car sold. When getting a dealer to sell your car for you will result in having to pay the dealership a percentage for helping you to sell the car so selling it yourself will put more money into your pocket. By following these steps you will be able to sell your car effectively and as fast as possible for trying to sell your car on your own can take weeks and even months. This article will shorten the time it will take for you to sell your car versus not using this guide which will give you an unknown amount of time to sell your car successfully.
Selling your Car in a Short Time
- 1You can use the internet in order to find out the full price of which your car is worth in order to find a reasonable price for you to put up for sale. You can use the traditional Kelley Blue Book which will tell you how much your car is worth according to the make, model and mileage on your car. If you try and sell your car at an unreasonable price then understand that people will not even concern themselves with looking any further at your vehicle. A common mistake people make are putting a very unreasonable price not knowing that others can do a search of the vehicle themselves to see what the car is worth according to the same options that you have to look up your vehicles value. The same ways that you can look up your cars worth is the same ways that others can look at your vehicle also, just use necessary extra pricing in order to maximize your price and worth of your vehicle. Necessary additions are things such as new parts that have been added to the vehicle that can be proven, so when making your price based on other sources include your new additions separately to the overall price that you are wishing to sell your car.Find out what the official value of your car is before attempting to put a price on your vehicle.Advertisement
- 2It will cost a couple of bucks in order to have you carefully detailed by a professional but it is fully worth it when you are trying to attract the attention a potential buyer. Buyers will prefer a car that looks good cosmetically than performance based but this can only work if the vehicle is as beautiful as possible. If you do not feel like using extra money to have the car detailed by a professional then you can do it all yourself for you will know best at how to clean a car for it is your project and you will ensure that it looks its best for sale purposes. Having the car fully cleaned will also boost the cars "oooooh factor" which is when a person sees your car and they admire it for its beauty so it is a great idea to have this car cleaned inside and out. When a buyer sees that your car looks good then in turn they will determine themselves that you in fact maintain your car well and gives them reassurance that they will be making a great choice by purchasing the vehicle from you. It's always good to leave the potential buyer feeling good about purchasing your vehicle for this will ensure that when they leave from inspecting the car that they will for sure return to you to purchase the vehicle.Fully detail your vehicle in order to ensure that your potential buyers will see the car at its best and not at its worse.Advertisement
- 3These sites promote the selling of your vehicle by posting all the information that you provide them for all people to view your posts. When posting an ad the site will do its job as in holding your information but it will be up to you to fully describe your vehicle to the potential buyers of your vehicle . Along with posting your ad you will need to take pictures of your vehicle from every angle possible from the inside and out. Take quality pictures of your vehicle ensuring that all pictures are clear and not blurry at all so that the viewers can have a full clear picture of your vehicle. Presentation is everything when setting up these ads so ensure that your ad presents the best views of your vehicle from pictures, descriptions and grammar. When posting your ad be sure to include everything about your vehicle in the description from the mileage, transmission, radio and any new work that has been done to the vehicle so that the buyer can know of the work that you have put into the vehicle for your resale. Aside from all of this be sure to put your contact number on the ad so that you can be contacted, some of the websites provide automatic contact through email but if you are not an email person then the best thing for you to do is provide a phone number to where you can be contacted.Post ads on websites that promote the selling of your belongings such as craiglist.com, ebay.com, Autotrader.com, cars.com and etc.
- 4From now on whenever you have that sign in your vehicle ensure that wherever you go that you park in the most populated part of the area of which you are in order to attract the most attention. Be sure to not just leave you vehicle in a place of this nature without having a reason to be in the parking lot. If you do in fact have an agreement with the owner of the parking lot to park your vehicle in the parking lot then you are fine, but understand that when leaving your vehicle in a parking it can prove to be dangerous so ensure that you leave your vehicle in a parking lot that is protected by security cameras just in case of vandalism on the property. The owner may also charge you a fee for using their parking lot in order to advertise your vehicle this will be very useful for there is always somebody going by a parking lot (if popular) which in turn will gain you more views.Besides the ads you can also put a for sale sign in your vehicle in order to attract people to the sale of your vehicle, highly populated areas are the best place to park your vehicle in order to get people to view your sale.
- 5This will be more costly than just cleaning it and posting the ad on the internet or newspaper for you will in fact be driving your vehicle also and also letting it be out to get dirty by natural causes or people. But it will be up to you to ensure that that car is spotless for you never know when a potential buyer will show up in order to have a look at the vehicle to expect a buyer to come any day which in turn will push you to keep the car spotless. If you are tired of having to clean the vehicle or pay to get it clean then it would be in your best interest to not drive the car as much as possible to reduce the possibility of it getting dirty by any means. Remember the cleaner the car the more attention you will draw to it and also hook potential buyers who come to view the vehicle.When taking the option to park your vehicle to get potential buyers you will need to ensure that it is kept clean at all times.
- 6Buyers will not only take your word on how you have gotten the services performed on the vehicle instead they will want to see the paperwork and nothing says "I did it" more than showing the official paperwork of the services performed. In addition provide this information before they have to ask for the information this will show that you are putting everything out for the buyer to see and also that you have nothing to hide from the potential buyer.Have all the necessary paperwork to prove that you have gotten the car serviced properly in the last month to months since it has been for sale.
- 7A person expects to hear a lie from a car salesman but when thinking about a private sell the person will be expecting honesty for they already know that the car will have imperfections so do not try to sell them on lies for they will already detect it thus causing you to miss out on a sell.When selling the car yourself understand that you will need to remain honest with the buyer for this aside from the imperfections with the car.
- 8If the person asks for a professional inspection then this means that they are very much interested to pay for a professional to come and inspect the vehicleDo not ever let a potential buyer test drive your vehicle alone for regardless if the car does not have plates or required registration a person may be liable to not return with your vehicle which is a chance that you do not want to take by any means.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.