Sell Your Own Beats
Edited by Graciela Franchesca Rosario, Eng, Lynn
Selling your beats would be worthwhile while you indulge yourself to your interest on music. There are ways to sell beats and websites available where you can sell them. In modern pop music, a beat is described as a composed music. Working in the music business can be profitable. And being a musician, you must create nice music and be knowledgeable in sales and marketing. There are ways for you to sell electronic music. Ways include selling through contacting artists directly or using a website to sell your beats online.
- 1The best and largest website for you to use to sell beats online is Soundclick.Producers and artists create an account and display their sample beats and then sell them. You can be successful in Soundclick marketing when you share your beats on social media such as Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook fan pages, etc. And you can also e-mail people who are interested and set up a website offering details of your beats and link it to your Soundclick profile.Advertisement
- 2Handle properly the copyright issues.The samples you use must be royalty free. This applies to the content (vocals, melodies, sounds, etc.) that you take from TV shows, movies, and other songs.Advertisement
- 3Use videos to introduce your beats.YouTube can help you with selling beats. You publish the beats and YouTube will bring you exposure. You'll get subscribers and views. Like YouTube Music Maker, Ronald Jenkees, he has 95,000 to 3 million video views and 77,429 subscribers. One camera that is ideal for online videos is the Kodak Zi6 Pocket HD Camcorder, and it costs under $200.
- 4Socialize in forums.In the forums, you can share tips on how to make music, answer people's question, create great music, and give good feedback. Participating in forums will let you keep updated with new techniques, what's going on music, and feedback on your music. Forums that you may participate with are:
- 5Put a web address in your forum signature, email signature, and on blogs when you place a comment in the URL section.
- 6Give away samples of your free beats.Post two to three beats in a forum, and this will bring people to visit your website and possibly purchase high quality beats. Also you may include a rapper or DJ mentioning your name and MySpace address. Giving out free samples won't be that bad.
- 7Create a website.It is a place where you can showcase your music. One of the easiest and best building platforms is WordPress. Then create a brand for your music. This will help people to identify you easily. And upload your beats on YouTube. You may also insert on your beats some vocals mentioning your brand.
- 8Place beats online everywhere.You may put them on MySpace and Roc Battles. In Roc Battles, you can upload beats, set your own price, and set it to either sell or lease. The website also offers an affiliate program, in which people can promote your beats and get their small percentage of the sale. Make sure that when someone wants to hear the beats, they are available to hear.
- 9Participate in online beat battles.Roc Battles has a section where artists and producers can display their talents. When you win, you get points, and the higher the points, the more exposure you get to the producers' charts.
- 10Show your music to people like rappers, managers, singers, engineers, musicians, song writers, and everyone.And when you are on networking, you must have the important details like business cards written that include your name, email address, current phone number, and personalized web address. You must make the beat the best of its kind because when you publish it on a social site, you are exposing it to buyers and many competitors as well.
- 11List your beats.You may place them on your website, which should have an online payment processor like PayPal and an online shopping cart. The great thing when you have a website is that you have the control over your website and there are no commission fees. You may also list your beats on BeatStars.com and BeatBrokerz.com. They have varied commission fees and presentations. So visit as many music websites as you can.
- 12Track the progress of your sales.A website to help you with that is GetClicky. It is a tracking tool that you may place it on your MySpace page, or your website, and you can view where your traffic is coming from. And you can investigate which works and which does not work.
- 13Choose between exclusive and lease.Two methods to sell them is through exclusive and lease. Exclusive is to sell your beat once to an individual for a premium price. And lease is to loan your beat to the music artists as many times as you want for a low price each time. In the industry of selling beats online, leasing beats is more effective than selling it using exclusively, because it is more possible for a buyer to purchase a beat for $20 than $200, and using lease will allow you to sell the beat for many times, like 10 or more.Advertisement
- Your skill in producing hot tracks will be your score when you publish it for sale. Be patient because sales may not come soon. And try to create remixes with artists' vocals. Some people don't see the quality of the beat until they hear the vocals in it.
- Create the right beat. The better the sounds of your beats are, the more that they will be in demand. You must properly master sounds and mix tracks correctly. You may purchase samples and sound kits on MasterProducers.com .
Questions and Answers
How to lease and sale composed beats?
The way that you can rent or lease a beat will be for you to contact the composer or owner of the site. You can usually view this information by searching the song in order to get the composers information in regards to rent/lease the beat.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Sell Your Own Beats. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Sell_Your_Own_Beats
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Sell Your Own Beats." VisiHow, visihow.com/Sell_Your_Own_Beats Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Sell Your Own Beats." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Sell_Your_Own_Beats.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Eng, Graciela Franchesca Rosario