See if an Email Address Password Has Been Compromised
Edited by Djinu, Alexander Avdeev, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. In this video, we are going to check and see if your account has been hacked in one of the data breaches that has occurred (in the news or just in general). To do this, we will go to a couple of web sites. We will achieve almost the same effect on both.
- 1We go to https://pwnedlist.com.Advertisement
- 4We click "Have you found my account?".In this video, the answer will be "Yes. We have found this account at least 2 times since July of 2011. It was last discovered approximately 1 year ago, on 2014-08-04." The site gives us the information on what we should do. Basically, if we were breached, we should change our passwords for anything that uses the same password as the account that has been hacked. The site does not offer too many details because it is not in the business of collecting personal information.
- 5The second site to look at is https://haveibeenpwned.com.
- 7We click "pwned?" In this video, the site shows that the particular email address has been breached.The site will show the offending hack in which it was breached. In this case, it was an Adobe hack in October 2013.Advertisement
Those were two web sites to check and see if your account has been breached. If your account was breached, you should change all of your passwords that use the same password as the one that was breached. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below. Thanks for watching VisiHow!
Video: See if an Email Address Password Has Been Compromised
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng, Alexander Avdeev, Djinu