Scan a Computer with Microsoft Security Essentials
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. Today I'm going to show you how to perform a security scan on your HP 210 or 110 Notebook.
- 2Click on that and it will show hidden icons.In our hidden icons, we have a green castle with a checkmark. The green castle means it's OK. This how to get to your security settings. If it's not green then it means that you're not secured and you're unprotected. There's a problem you need to address. Click on the icon then click Open.Advertisement
- 6Moving on to Settings.Here it allows you to run a scheduled scan on your PC, which is recommended. You can choose a time, I'm going to choose Sunday at 4pm. At 4pm on Sunday there will be an automatic quick scan. There's also other options like checking for the latest virus and spyware definitions before running a scheduled scan, you should always have this box checked because it will allow your computer to scan for the latest viruses so it knows what it's looking for. Start the scheduled scan only when my PC is on but not in use, so it will only scan when you're not using the PC. Limit CPU usage during a scan, this means that your computer will not be using its full capacity and you will still be able to use it for other things when it's doing a security scan.
- 7There are some other options as well on the side which you can click on like Advanced.You can actually scan a USB flash drive which is very useful to make sure there are no viruses on your USB stick. I'm going to check that box because this feature is useful, then I'm going to click save changes. It's going to ask me if I'd like to authorize this, I'm going to say yes.
- 8We're going to go back to home and choose between a quick scan, full scan, and custom.If you hover over an option it will give you an explanation. Quick scan checks the areas that malicious software, including viruses, spyware, and unwanted software, are most likely to infect. A full scan will scan your entire computer and will take a long time, up to several hours, so you need to give it time.
- 9I'm going to go with quick scan, now I will click Scan now.The progress bar is moving very quickly. It tells you the time elapsed, items scanned and the item it's scanning. Quick scan is remarkably fast compared to full scan. This may only take several minutes or more depending on the size of your computer and how much information you have on it.
- 11This is how to perform a scan on your HP 210 or 110 Notebook.If you have any questions or comments leave them in the section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Scan a Computer with Microsoft Security Essentials
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Scan a Computer with Microsoft Security Essentials. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Scan_a_Computer_with_Microsoft_Security_Essentials
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Scan a Computer with Microsoft Security Essentials." VisiHow, visihow.com/Scan_a_Computer_with_Microsoft_Security_Essentials Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Scan a Computer with Microsoft Security Essentials." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Scan_a_Computer_with_Microsoft_Security_Essentials.
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Crystal, Thor