Save and Read Offline Pages on iPod Touch
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Reema, Eng and 1 other
Saving pages for offline reading can significantly save you a lot especially if you are on a per-hour browsing. Instead of reading the page, you can save it for offline viewing later. There may be a lot off iOS applications that offers to do this but Safari alone can do the job effectively. Below are the steps on Saving and retrieving the saved messages. Feel free to share any thoughts on the comments section.
Save pages for offline reading on iPod Touch
- 1Turn on iPod Touch, touch Safari icon from Home screen to open a browser.Advertisement
- 2Type the web address you want to save on the address tab of your browser.Advertisement
- 3Allow the page to completely load.
- 4Touch Share icon, this is the first icon to the right of the address tab.
- 5Options for possible actions will be shown, choose Add to Reading List.
- 6The pages should be saved to the Bookmarks.
- 7Rinse and repeat for other pages and sites that you want to save.
Access saved pages for offline reading on iPod Touch
- 1Turn on iPod Touch, touch Safari icon from Home screen to open a browser.Advertisement
- 2The icon is an open book located three icons to the right of the address bar.Touch Bookmarks button to access the saved pages earlier.
- 3Once a page has been read, it will be automatically moved to 'All'.Items on Unread Section are the saved pages that you have not yet read.
Copy and Paste method
On your iPod touch you will be able to save your information from online by simply copying and pasting your information from the site to your memo pad or other not taking application. You will need to in fact have an application such as word pad, note pad or any other application used for typing notes in order to perform the below steps when saving offline content to your iPod for later viewing. This can be done with text wording from online to offline but not for picture online, if you want to save picture there will be another section to explain how to perform this action on your device.
- 1Go to the page that you are wanting to view offline on your safari browser on your iPod touch device.Advertisement
- 2Press and hold so that you can get the option to highlight all wording on your browser to get your text selected for you to copy the information.
- 3Select the copy option after highlighting all the information so that you can paste later in another application
- 4Open up your notepad, word pad or any other type of text app so that you can paste your information from the online site
- 5In your application press and hold in the application to bring up the option to paste all your information that you have selected previously for copying.
- 6Save your information in the application so that you will be able to successfully save the information to view later on when you are not around any type of internet connection on your device.
This will help for you to save your information on your device for further viewing in the future. This information will stay stored unless you delete your application, the file or reset your iPod in order to lose all your saved information.
These steps will allow you to save any pictures that you are wanting to take off of Safari in order to view later on when you are offline. The steps are easy to follow and will allow you to keep your information on your device for as long as you wish.
- 1Find the picture that you are wanting to save on the device for a later viewing when you are offline
- 2Press and hold on the picture to bring up the option the "Save" the picture which in turn will put the picture in your album on your device
- 3Visit your album so that you can view the picture to ensure that it has been saved on your device for viewing
This picture or image will be saved on your device for a unlimited number time unless you delete or format your iPod in the future. Performing this option will help to hold you image on your device even when you are offline on your device.
On your iPod depending on which version you have you will be able to take a screenshot of anything that is displaying on your iPod so that you can save the information as a picture in your album on your device. You will in fact need an iPod that is running the iOS 2.0 or higher in order to perform screenshot on your device successfully. Below is the way that you can take a screenshot on your iPod in order to save online information offline for later viewing.
- 1Go to the page that you are wishing to save offline on your safari browser for later viewing
- 2While on the page that you are wishing to save you will need to press these two buttons so that you can save your information successfully (Power button + Home Button) Be sure to press these buttons together and simultaneously, when you have done the action successfully you will take a picture of what is on your screen and the indication will be a shutter sound on your device.
- 3The picture will be displayed in your photo album for later viewing while you are offline
- 4When taking the picture it will capture not only the images on the website but also the text on the device.
Keep the page up
When visiting a website online you can easily access the page again offline by simply leaving the page up when you go offline on your device. This will allow the page to stay up fully but understand that you CANNOT press any buttons on the page for if you do you may lose the information that you have displayed in your browser. Follow the steps below in order to save the information on your page for offline view in the future.
- 1Go to the web page that you want to view ad open it up while you are connected to the internet
- 2When leaving the connection area simply leave the page alone and close out the browser on your device or you can choose to leave the page perfectly alone if you wish (leaving the browser up and running when leaving the connection area).
- 3for this will cause your device to reset the browser and knock you off the page.From here if you closed out your browser you can simply open up your browser to continue viewing the information while you are offline or if you have the browser up and running you will be able to continue viewing the page but as stated before do not press any buttons on the page such as refresh, page back, page forward or etc.
This option is similar to the copy and paste method only you will be sending the information to your email address to view content at a later time on your device or another device that you currently are using at this time. This can work with either your iPod device or your phone device in order to ensure that your information is saved.
- 1Go to your browser and view the web page that you are trying to save for offline view
- 2Press and hold on the screen so that you can highlight all the information on your device so that you can copy all the information
- 3Press the copy option on your device to copy all the information on the current page that you are viewing.
- 4Go to your email option on your iPod device and open up a blank message option
- 5Paste the information into the blank message and send the information to yourself in the email so that it can be stored in your inbox for further view at a later time.
- 6You can also email the information to the email that you have on your phone so that you will be able to view the webpage at a later time without using any data on your device by viewing the email.
Email Option (Screenshot)
This option is the same as copying and pasting but with this option you will be able to take a screenshot of not only the text but the images on the site for a later view while being offline.
- 1Go to the page that you are wishing to access while offline
- 2Press these buttons so that you can successfully take a screenshot on your device (power button + Home button) this will take a screenshot and also make the shutter sound on your device for confirmation
- 3Collect the image from your album and select the option to send the picture to your email so that you can complete the sending option on your device to store the screenshot
- 4This image will be sent to your album and from there you can send the image to your email so that you can view the image at a later time from your email or to your phone device for viewing.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Save and Read Offline Pages on iPod Touch. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Save_and_Read_Offline_Pages_on_iPod_Touch
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Save and Read Offline Pages on iPod Touch." VisiHow, visihow.com/Save_and_Read_Offline_Pages_on_iPod_Touch Accessed 25 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Save and Read Offline Pages on iPod Touch." Accessed May 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Save_and_Read_Offline_Pages_on_iPod_Touch.