Save and Read Offline Pages on iPhone
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Reema, Eng and 1 other
If you are on a tight budget and you do not have an unlimited data plan, saving pages on your iPhone and viewing them later online could cut a portion of your networks' internet charges. When on a free WiFi hotspot, you can save the pages you frequently visit and get back to them when you are on the road without any internet connection. We have outlined the steps below for you to save web pages for future offline viewing.
- 1Turn on your iPhone.Advertisement
- 2Touch Safari icon from iPhone home screen to open a browser.Advertisement
- 3On the address bar of your iPhone browser, type the web address of the site that you want to save.
- 4Let the page load completely.
- 5Touch Share button, the Share button is located on the right side of the address tab.
- 6You will be provided with options, tap 'Add to Reading List'.
- 7Page is now saved and accessible while offline.
- 8You can repeat the steps to save another page.
- 9This is the third icon to the right from the address bar, the one with an open book icon.You can access the saved pages by touching Bookmarks button.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- The reading list is divided into two sections, the All and Unread sections. Newly saved pages are on the Unread Section until you read them and they go to the All Section.
- Keep in mind, however, that you reading list will occupy a good part of your phone memory. Therefore, if there are sites that you do not need to read anymore, it may be good to erase them already. It can also slow down your phone if there are too many pages saved and all of them are open at the same time.
Advantages of Saving Offline Pages
- 1If for instance you come across some information that you find useful but you do not have time yet to fully read it, you can just save it in your offline pages and then read it later on. You can even develop a collection of interesting information over the net. This way, when you need to refer back to that article or site again, you do not need to do further searches. New information come up every time and so there is no guarantee that what you previously saw will appear again on top of the page. One of the most common problems is that when you go and search again, it takes a good amount of time to find exactly what you saw before.You save on time to do further searches later on.