Save a marriage from divorce
Edited by Ephraim, Charmed, Eng, Mian Sheilette Ong and 5 others
Statistics show almost half of all marriages will end in divorce. However 100% of marriages will go through a rough patch. It is important that when a marriage is considering divorce that they rekindle what it is that made them fall in love in the first place. Here are some simple tips that can change a couples mind from divorce to renewing their love for each other stopping the divorce race and starting the race back to love.
- 1During the marriage it probably has gone from the beginning stages of having time together to barely having any time for each other that will have to change in order to help out the situation.So stop what you two are doing just for a little while and plan out some time to be together. Pause everything including work, mobile devices and any other distractions and plan together something to do with each other. Also while the two of you have this time to talk to each other discuss your feelings and the reason that making this plan is very detrimental to saving the relationship and other feelings that have not been discussed also because of the lack of time you two spend. If you are the person letting out your feelings also make sure that you give your partner the understanding to their feelings also and remember that this is a team effort.Advertisement
- 2Every marriage needs a date night or just a night to get out of the house and do anything, being fancy and high priced for the date does not automatically mean it is going to be enjoyable so do not try to buy your way to recovery with your partner.Couples tend to become complacent when they are together for so long making them feel as if it is pointless to dress up anymore or not having the desire to do so. A date night just once a week can bring a lot of excitement to the relationship by each of the partners knowing that even though they may have had a bad week, couple of days or arguments that date night is coming and it can be the escape to the unknown (in a good way) for the couple. Remember that date nights do not have to be costly the only thing that makes the date special is the chemistry and togetherness between both parties.Advertisement
- 3Just like when you were younger notes and love letters were always an exciting thing and can prove to be the same in the marriage.In your letters you can just express how much you love your partner or just that you were thinking about them at the time. Love notes are special mainly because the partner would know that you took your time out to write to write them, also understand that writing a note is more considerate than sending a text so don't get confused with writing them a text instead of taking your time to write them a note. Also in your notes spotlight your partners qualities that you love in that person for it will not also make them feel good about themselves but will also remind you of why you fell in love with them in the first place scoring both of you points towards saving your marriage.
- 4Self image may also cause problems in the marriage being that if you are not feeling good about yourself it may cause a partner to have a negative affect on their partner.If you're feeling these ways then take your steps to bettering yourself through exercising, treatment or anything focused in improving the area of yourself that you are not pleased with at the time. There is no wrong way to complete this being that it will be completely up to you on exactly what you are looking to improve about yourself, so feel free to spend money if necessary as nothing costs more than making yourself feel better to project the same good feeling onto your partner. This is strictly for you and you alone but if you sense that your partner is a bit self-conscious about something then take your steps (tactfully) to help them in the direction of their self-improvement, but ensure to not bluntly impose on the action as it can make them feel worse than they do already but hearing that you are willing to help and will love them regardless can help make the situation a smoother process.
- 5As a lot of marriages it will be easy to not give your spouse the attention needed with the demanding request of attention from your kids and work.So it will be imperative for your to take a little time out to let your spouse know that you love them and that you are thinking of them. Do not make the mistake of ignoring your spouse for work or even the kids because it will not be too long before those two distractions will be long gone leaving you and your spouse to pick up the pieces of the marriage. A lot of marriages base everything around their kids leaving each other out of the picture and once the kids are gone and they are retired then they forget who their spouses are by not paying attention for all those years so to keep that from happening follow the steps above even though they may seem like small gestures they can help a lot in the situation.
- 6One more factor that can help save a marriage is for the partners to not throw the kids into the argument or use of excuse from being distant from your partner.A lot of partners throw the children in the mix to get their point across to their partner or to create an excuse for things not getting done. Remember that you are the adult and there is nothing a child can do to stop you from you duties to each other in the marriage (unless an emergency). So do your best to refrain from using the children as a cause of any problems that will occur in the marriage, remember that it is you and your spouse.
Fixing a Broken Union
Marrying someone is easy, but the most challenging factor is clinging on to the union. Several problems will disturb your marriage, but there are several things that can be done to achieve a positive outcome. Even the best connection could get sour, but if the couples use the right strategy, there is always a chance for the marriage to last.
5 Techniques on How to Fix a Broken Marriage
Marriages are challenging. Even the best of unions can have their lowest points. As such, this situation requires some TLC or tender loving care. Some things need mending, and it is essential that the couple learns more about each other's mistakes and weaknesses. The way to restoring the connection may be exclusive to those conditions. The following is a record of five basic steps that can be taken to begin mending your broken marriage.
- 1Commit to mending it.This implies that both individuals get together and have a sincere discussion. Many unions end because only one individual wants to fix the problem. Discover if this is the real situation. Afterwards, determine if there is still something that can be preserved out of the marriage.
- 2Stop committing mistakes.Fixing your union is not about "winning". It is not about who did some extraordinary things and who is always wrong. So when a spouse is about to say, "but this union is full of mistakes" or "you are the worst partner", he must stop at once. Those words or phrases are terrible, and it will surely destroy the marriage. Furthermore, it is ineffective to think with regards to, "if only I'd done this" or "it's my mistake that she did that".
- 3Figure out what both parties want.Mending a marriage cannot be done if both parties do not have an idea as to what they require from one another. Sit down with a marriage expert, a family counselor or a personal psychologist and determine the marriage problems. Satisfying one another means determining the things that ought to be modified.
- 4Be awesome.Couples often ignore impressing one another. Recall the common things that can spice up the marriage. Always give your partner a hug. An authentic look of admiration will fill your partner's heart, and this will ultimately ignite love. Learn to appreciate the small things that your partner does. As much as possible, complement your partner on the looks. Yes, now that the marriage has been through a lot, it is crucial to put up with each other's faults. Start planning for a brighter future.
- 5Talk with each other.Even though, several problems continuously rock your home, these issues can be resolved. Monetary difficulties should be discussed. Plan together and determine the right way to budget everything. Couples should be open and enjoy discussing any topic together. Enjoying each other's company is a must.
- 6Spouses should file for a vacation and go on a holiday.Plan a family getaway. If the marriage is under massive issues, exert more effort in solving these problems. Always talk. Miscommunication or no communication at all is a hindrance to any union. Exert effort and learn more about the weaknesses and positive aspects about your partner.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Marriage
Recent edits by: estrella sacragon, Anonymous, Lynn