Save YourSelf From Facebook Graph Search
Edited by Mohsin, Charmed, Eng, Anonymous and 1 other
I was once having fun on Facebook, then one time I saw something a little bit off with the image I shared because I am certain that I set up my privacy to be only viewed by my friends and not 'friends of friends' but someone who wasn't on my friend's list was able to view and click like on the image I shared. I felt so worried and alarmed with my privacy and security. Then I learned about the new 'Graph Search'. In this article I will show you on how you can make sure that your profile is secure.
- Do not change your previous Privacy settings.
- Do not perform this step if you don;t have the same problem.
- You will need all of your friends to do the same thing.
- 1Open Facebook.Advertisement
- 2Log in using your Facebook ID.Advertisement
- 3Now move your cursor to the name of one person, do not click.
- 7By doing this anything your friend or you shared cannot be seen by other friends, let your friends do the same.
Important Things to Remember When Using Facebook
- 1Facebook is a social networking site.In other words, whatever you write or post in it is meant for others to see, whether they are just within your network or within extended networks. Therefore, a good level of tactfulness is indeed crucial. Keep in mind that you do not need to post in there information or photos that are extremely confidential or sensitive, no matter how private your settings may be.Advertisement
- 2It is important to keep your posts positive as much as possible.Facebook is not a venting site in which you will just write anything. Remember that there are a lot of people who would see your posts. Each time you would post anything on Facebook, imagine if that is something that you can personally say verbally because it is right to do so.
- 3There are cybercrime laws that are in place right now to protect people from abusive users of the internet.Although not all countries follow this, there is already a good number of them that are strict in implementing these laws. Therefore, whether or not your account is set on private, maintain courtesy and decency in your activities online.
- 4Never share your Facebook log-in information to another person.Although Facebook is a social networking site and does not always appear as important as a bank account, keep in mind that if another person knows your log-in details, that can pose certain risks as well. Not only can that person make adjustments to your account, he or she may make unnecessary communication with your contacts as well.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Social Network
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Charmed