Salty and/or Black Cumin Stick Fingers
Edited by Eng, Anonymous, Rafah Perlado, Robbi and 1 other
Are you tired of serving your family,especially your kids,store bought snacks? Are you doing the same cookies over and over again? If so, maybe it's time for a new idea.
Stick fingers are similar to what we call bread sticks. Some people serve this as an appetizer,particularly in restaurants.
In this recipe, if you choose not to implement the salt and black cumin flavor, the bread sticks may be infused with other tastes. It could be done with cheese, herbs, cinnamon-sugar mixture or simply a dust of icing sugar.
Snack are widely wanted and appreciated, especially for kids, and easy recipe for a tasty snack
- 14 glasses of plain Flour.Advertisement
- 21½ glass of Warm Water.Advertisement
- 3½ glass Olive Oil.
- 41 tablespoon Yeast.
- 51 teaspoon Sugar.
- 62 teaspoons coarse Salt.
- 7½ glass Semolina.
- 8½ teaspoon Salt (extra for sprinkle).
Preparing Dough Method
- 11Use the second half of the Dough and replace the Semolina with Black Cumin, follow the same above steps.
- Cook and allow to cool down, can be served with a Dipping Sauce.
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 13 tablespoons of Condense YogurtAdvertisement
- 21 tablespoon of Yogurt
- 31 tablespoon of Mayo
- 4¼ teaspoon of Cumin
- 5¼ teaspoon of Sumac
- 6¼ teaspoon of Oregano
- 7Pinch of Salt and PepperAdvertisement
- Mix the all ingredients together and serve it alongside with the Salty and Cumin Fingers.
- If you don't have semolina, you can substitute it with rice flour or all purpose flour.
- Semolina usually is added to this recipe to create a tasty crust. So if in case you will use other substitute for semolina, it won't be as taste as it should be.
- Sumac has a fruity-tart flavor, other notes that it is better to use this spice to replace lemon, because it does not over power the other tastes in a recipe.
- If in case sumac is not available, then you can just substitute it with lemon juice.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Appetizers & Finger Foods
Recent edits by: Robbi, Rafah Perlado, Anonymous