SET-UP VOICE MAIL IN BLACKBERRY
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Anonymous, Christine dela Cruz, Alma
Got a Blackberry phone but having problems with setting up voice mail? You have come to the right place. Below are the instructions of setting up voice mail for your Blackberry device.
Setting Up Voice Mail
- 1Go to your Blackberry Home ScreenAdvertisement
- 2Press and hold down key 1.You should hear the Blackberry voice mail system. Several beeps should be heard followed by an automated message.Advertisement
- 3Listen to the automated prompt.It will ask you to choose a language. To choose a certain language wait for the corresponding number to press based on the automated instructions. English should be 1.
- 4Press key # to select you language.
- 5Input your 4 digit password.Make sure that it is hard enough for others not to know but easy enough for you to remember.
- 6Press key # to confirm password.
- 7You will be able to choose an opening spiel for your voice mail.You have an option to use the standard message, or go with a customized one. Should you want a standard one, press key 1. If you want a customized one, press key 2.
- 8If you opt to choose a customized one, you should start recording the message after you hear the "beep".A good beginning message would be introducing the owner of phone, apologizing that you cannot be reached currently, and asking for the message.
- 9Press key # to confirm message.
- 10Press key 2 when you are done.
- 11Press key * to exit.
- 12You can go back to your phone's main menu by pressing the End key
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure that your voice mail service is activated.
- To activate the voice mail service for your Blackberry device, you may need to call your customer care and ask for an activation.
- Fees may apply, you may ask your carrier's customer care associates for the rates.
Benefits of Voicemail
- 1You still can be reached even when you cannot answer a call.There is still some way for another person to give you a verbal message, even when you are unavailable to talk on the phone. In most cases, a verbal message is easier and faster to make as compared to a text message. Also, with a voice mail, you are sure that you are not being pranked or scammed by another person because you can hear the voice exactly and you know who you are listening to.Advertisement
- 2You will not keep on wondering why another person may have called.You will know exactly what the purpose of the call is once you receive the voicemail.
- 3You are able to filter out the important calls.If you are unable to pick up a call and that person left a message, you would know that it was an important message. If someone just rang you and did not leave a voicemail, it may be safe to assume that it's not very urgent to do a call back. It will help you prioritize the callbacks that you need to do in terms of urgency.
- 4You spend less time reviewing messages.It is much faster to listen to voicemails as compared to reading text messages. Also, you can do that even when you are driving.
- 5You understand the message better as compared to a text message.With voicemails, you hear exactly the emotions behind a message and this will help you understand a message better as compared to when you are just reading a text message.
- 6You can replay important messages.If a message is important or it contains some information that you would need to refer to later on, you can replay it over and over again, as compared to when you simply talk to a person. There is a voicemail that you can always refer to.
- 7You have a stored recording of messages.If you are the sentimental type of person, you can save voicemails for you to listen to later on. At the same time, if the voicemail contains information that must be filed, you can also do so. Just save the file so you can play it back later on when you need to.
- 8You have your own personal secretary who captures your messages.Above all, voicemails serve like your personal secretary who will accommodate your callers even when you are away. Just record a good greeting and your callers are well taken care of.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Anonymous, Leomar Umpad