Retrieve my Navigation icon that has been removed from my Samsung Galaxy s3
Edited by angeline zuhura, Lynn, Eng, Charmed
The navigation icon can disappear for a number of reasons. If you have recently updated your Maps app, you are likely to experience this problem. Most Android phones have been hit by this problem so relax; it's not just your Galaxy S3. The navigation has always been part and parcel of the Maps app, so basically the Maps app has 2 icons.
Recent updates on your Samsung Galaxy S3 could have removed the navigation icon because it's deeply integrated into the main application, i.e. the Maps app. What happens is, during your update, the navigation was also updated but its icon was removed.
There are two methods you can use to retrieve the navigation icon.
Method 1: Uninstall the maps app
- 1Scroll and tap the "Menu" key from your home screen.Advertisement
- 2Tap "Settings"Advertisement
- 3Tap the "More" tab.
- 4Tap "Application Manager"
- 5Swipe left to choose the "All" tab.
- 6Scroll down and select "Maps"
- 7Tap the "Uninstall" button.
Method 2: Uninstall recent maps update
- 1Select the "Menu" key from your home screen.
- 2Tap "Settings"
- 3Touch the More tab.
- 4Select "Application Manager"
- 5Swipe left to select the "All" tab.
- 6Scroll to and select "Maps"
- 7Tap the "Uninstall Updates" button.
NOTE: These two methods are unfortunately temporary. The permanent solution is to get used to not seeing the navigation icon, but this does not mean you cannot use it anymore. Like stated earlier, it has been deeply integrated into the main app.
Instructions below help you use that same old navigation application.
- 1Launch "Maps"
- 2Search for your destination.
- 3Touch the "car" icon.
- 4Tap the card for directions.
- 5Tap the blue arrow for voice directions.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Unless you learn to use the new application, you will always find it difficult to get over your old Galaxy S3 Navigation icon.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Retrieve my Navigation icon that has been removed from my Samsung Galaxy s3. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Retrieve_my_Navigation_icon_that_has_been_removed_from_my_Samsung_Galaxy_s3
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Retrieve my Navigation icon that has been removed from my Samsung Galaxy s3." VisiHow, visihow.com/Retrieve_my_Navigation_icon_that_has_been_removed_from_my_Samsung_Galaxy_s3 Accessed 30 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Retrieve my Navigation icon that has been removed from my Samsung Galaxy s3." Accessed Apr 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Retrieve_my_Navigation_icon_that_has_been_removed_from_my_Samsung_Galaxy_s3.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, angeline zuhura