Restore the Secondary/Alternative Language Keyboard on HTC
Edited by Eng, Neo Mann, Charmed
Have you ever faced a situation where you had a secondary language installed like Arabic, Chinese… etc., and you were able to switch between them and English Default Language, yet suddenly your keyboard only shows English language?
Well, first let me show you why that happens. As you can see from the photo next, there are two icons with similar naming, in which you might mix tapping on.
- 3So if you mistakenly tapped on this icon when you need to go to settings and even if you discover that you had mistakenly hit the wrong icon, and used the Back soft-key, the secondary keyboard will be reset to the default keyboard, as you can see from the photo next.
- 4Then you can select the secondary keyboard of the secondary language (as shown in the photo next, marked in blue rectangle)
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- On any input field, long press the input field and tap on input method to see active keyboards, if you still can see the secondary language keyboard, then nothing is messed up. and that can be easily restored as per above instructions.
- No one is perfect, everyone of us might face similar situations, just remember to read every prompt you get before tapping on Next or OK.
- Although, above shows that you did not follow the wrong route, yet that happened. And if you are reading this, that means you are on the right track to fix the issue you are facing.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Restore the Secondary/Alternative Language Keyboard on HTC. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Restore_the_Secondary/Alternative_Language_Keyboard_on_HTC
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Restore the Secondary/Alternative Language Keyboard on HTC." VisiHow, visihow.com/Restore_the_Secondary/Alternative_Language_Keyboard_on_HTC Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Restore the Secondary/Alternative Language Keyboard on HTC." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Restore_the_Secondary/Alternative_Language_Keyboard_on_HTC.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Neo Mann, Eng