Restore Lost Brightness Control app in ASUS Laptops After Updating for Microsoft Windows 7 vs 10
Edited by Eng, Innocent Yogo, Lynn, Alma and 20 others
Do you own an ASUS Laptop, and after updating, you found that you cannot control the Brightness of the Screen, and pressing (Fn+ Brightness Up/Down) does not work anymore? This VisiHow will teach you how to "Fix Lost Brightness Control". Pressing Fn + Brightness UP-Down does not work in ASUS Laptops with Windows 7 OS after an update. Here is how to restore that functionality:
- 1 For other brands like Dell, Lenovo, HP
- 2 How to Use the App
For other brands like Dell, Lenovo, HP
Method 1: for Microsoft Windows 7
- 1Press the Windows Icon.Advertisement
- 2Right Click on Computer Menu Item.Advertisement
- 4Now you are in the "Computer Management" window.
- 6There you will find PnP-Monitor Standard, (or any monitor other than Generic PnP Monitor, Right Click it.
How to Use the App
Do you have a problem using the Brightness Control app in your ASUS Laptop even after restoring its functionality? If you follow these simple procedures, you will see that it's very easy to use.
- 1The LCD backlight power can be controlled by pressing the system icon.
- 2Press the system/class/backlight/ ASUS Laptop.
- 3From the above setups, you will be able to control the brightness values that range from 0 to 15 to your desired brightness.
- 4Always follow the same steps to use the app to change the brightness any time you need a different display.
Method 2: for Microsoft Windows 10
For the newly released Windows 10, you can also follow this.
- 2From the shown list, select "Device Manager" (Marked in orange).
- 4Follow the above steps 6-10.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
My Laptop has become very bright?
The entire screen has become white.
Please do the following to fix this issue on your Laptop.
- If you have just formatted your Laptop, please make sure that your monitor and display drivers are installed properly. Check your Device Manager for missing drivers. Please follow the steps listed above on how to do it. If Windows is unable to download your missing drivers, you can download from here. http://support.asus.com/ServiceHome.aspx?SLanguage=en
- After ensuring that your drivers are installed properly, please proceed with the next steps.
- Adjust your screen's brightness by pressing Fn+F5.
I have a problem with the brightness on my HP Pavillion G7 Laptop. Please, can you advise me how to fix the problem?
Please can you advise me to fix the problem?
If you want to adjust the brightness on almost any Laptop, you need to change the power settings. The display on a Laptop goes dim to conserve energy. Most likely go to the taskbar and click the battery icon. It should give you an option to adjust the performance settings. If it is not there, it should give you an option to go into the power settings menu. Here you can set the brightness for the Laptop when it's plugged in or unplugged.
It did not restore the brightness on my Computer. What should I do?
The above steps are the solution for your ASUS Laptop brightness issue after the update on your computer. If the steps did not work for you, try to restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode and try the steps again. Hopefully, this will resolve the problems you're having. Another thing you can try is a System Restore on your computer. You might lose some files by performing a System Restore. Restore your computer to a date before the issues showed up. This should restore the brightness back to your computer screen.
If the suggested steps did not resolve the problem, there are combination keys that you can press to perform shortcuts to adjust brightness and so on. Most laptops (including some models of ASUS) have these keys. Look for the Fn button and check your Laptop keys, as they have sub-options for you to adjust some settings, such as volume or the brightness.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Adrian A., Gajendra Mp, Nuance