Edited by locopogi16, Calob Horton, Eng
Questions and Answers
My Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 is having a restarting problem. How can I fix it?
The fix for your phone's restarting problem depends on what type of restarting your phone is doing. If your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 is restarting after booting to Android, you may need to perform a Factory Reset. This will wipe all of your phone's data, but it will fix the issue since some piece of software is causing your phone to restart every time you boot it up. If you can get to your phone's Settings application, do the following to perform a Factory Reset:
- Open your Settings application.
- Scroll and locate Privacy and tap it.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to Factory Reset your phone.
If you perform the Factory Reset and you still have issues, your phone may have a hardware malfunction. In this case, you will need to contact Samsung to get your phone repaired.
If your phone is unable to boot up at all, and instead loops from on to off and never gets past the Samsung logo screen, your phone is stuck in what's called a boot loop. This requires a Factory Reset to fix. Since you are unable to get into Android, you will need to boot your phone up differently:
- Turn your phone completely off. Make sure it is fully charged and plugged in.
- Press volume up, Home, and power at the same time.
- When you feel a vibration, let go.
- Use the volume keys to highlight Wipe data/Factory Reset.
- Press the home button to confirm your selection.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to perform a Factory Reset on your phone.
If you are unable to complete the Factory Reset through either method, your phone may be suffering from a hardware malfunction. If this is the case, your phone will need a repair. Depending on your warranty status, this may or may not cost you money -- and if Samsung quotes you for a large bill, you may be better off purchasing a new device. Contact Samsung's customer service line to troubleshoot your device further with an authorized Samsung customer service representative. If you are unable to get any further with the representative, you will need to set up a repair with Samsung or think about purchasing a new device.
S5350 auto restart problem, can you help me with this?
S5350 auto restart problem, can you help me with this
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Calob Horton, locopogi16