Reset a Samsung galaxy young gt-s5360 using two different methods
Edited by Fabian John Andan, Lynn, vc, Leomar Umpad and 18 others
- 1 How to Factory or Hard Reset your Samsung GT S5300, GT S5360 & Other Similar Models
- 2 How to Hard Reset the Galaxy Young GTS5360
- 3 How to Fix a Samsung Galaxy GTS5360 Boot Loop
- 4 How to Flash the Galaxy Y with the Correct Firmware
- 5 Tips Tricks & Warnings for the Galaxy GTS5360
- 6 Questions and Answers on Resetting the Galaxy Y GTS5360
- 6.1 Help, my phone becomes still at the Samsung logo "Samsung" and after a while, it again repeats. What will I do?
- 6.2 Computer does not detect my Galaxy Y; what will I do?
- 6.3 Please tell me how do I restart my mobile Samsung Galaxy Y?
- 6.4 How to unlock when Gmail vista is coming?
- 6.5 M Samsung Galaxy keeps on rebooting itself. I can't even open it?
- 6.6 Press on Volume Up, Nothing happens?
- 6.7 How can I open Samsung Galaxy y using the connection of the computer with a broken power switch?
- 6.8 I am unable to reboot my Samsung gys5360?
- 6.9 How can I reset my Galaxy y if my volume down is malfunctioning?
- 6.10 GTS5360 on off switch print damage?
- 6.11 How to remove other operating systems back to Android?
- 6.12 My Galaxy Y does not boot into Download mode. Instead, it takes a screenshot once I hold the button combinations.
- 6.13 How to choose the firmware as my phone is totally locked and I have tried everything suggested?
- 6.14 I do this but nothing happens. It just goes black and then the Galaxy y logo comes up and reboot screen returns within a minute or so
- 6.15 I press the buttons but it will go back to the Samsung Galaxy Y logo only and not getting the recovery Menu
- 7 Comments
How to Factory or Hard Reset your Samsung GT S5300, GT S5360 & Other Similar Models
If you have issues and problems on your Samsung Galaxy Young GT s5300 or s5360, resetting your device will likely solve the problem. Also, if your phone freezes or you forgot your pattern lock, you can use the Hard Reset process to recover your phone. Follow the steps below on how to reset your Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S5360, using one of the suggested methods.
Performing a Factory Reset is basically erasing everything you've ever done on your phone like adding new contacts, installing Apps, or even changing the location and time. This puts it back to a 'new' state, where you can start all over again. Usually, you do this when you've installed something, and it broke something else.
- Note: It's always a good idea to fully charge your battery before doing this. You don't want your battery to run out when the process hasn't finished.
Here's how to do it:
- 1The Menu button is located to the left side of you Home, or Center button.From your Home screen, tap the 'Menu' button to see the options.Advertisement
- 2Tap 'Settings.' This is the gear-shaped icon, with the word 'Settings' below it.Advertisement
- 3When you find it, tap once to open the folder.In your Settings folder, scroll down and locate 'Privacy.
- 4In your Privacy folder, tap 'Factory data reset.' This will reset your device to a factory default state, just like it was when the phone was new.
- 5Tap 'Reset phone.
- 6Now your device will reset everything.Tap 'Erase everything'.
- Remember, do not attempt to turn off your device or try to connect it any USB port until this process is completed.
- 7Now your Samsung Galaxy Young has been successfully reset to the factory default state.Wait for the process to complete, and you're done.
How to Hard Reset the Galaxy Young GTS5360
This is the do it yourself option. Be careful. If you prefer to watch the following steps in a video, please check the following links:
- Dennis Padul's tutorial: How To Reset A Samsung GT-S5360 (Galaxy Y Young)
- GSM-ABC's tutorial: Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 hard reset
Like all resets, you will lose any data not backed up or saved elsewhere. The difference with a Hard Reset, however, is that you have to do it yourself, rather than letting the phone manage the reset, as in the case of a Factory Reset. As with any steps involving resetting or repeatedly restarting your phone, make sure your battery is fully charged before starting, and do not attempt to restart or plug your device into any USB ports while the reset process is completing.
Here are the steps:
- 1Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Young.Advertisement
- 9Your Samsung Galaxy Young will have been successfully reset.Once your phone reboots, you're done.
How to Fix a Samsung Galaxy GTS5360 Boot Loop
If your phone keeps restarting, it's in a boot loop.
To watch the following steps in a video, please check the following links:
- Dark Lord's tutorial: how to fix Samsung galaxy y s5360 that keeps on restarting or stuck on logo
- adil mac's tutorial: Flashing Samsung galaxy young S5360 repair bootloop
Any time your phone gets stuck on the Samsung logo and reboots infinitely, it's stuck in a boot loop. This can happen when the wrong files are flashed or as a result of software or other glitches on your Galaxy Y. To get out of a boot loop, you'll need to follow the steps listed below. Keep in mind that like all processes involving system level changes, you should always make sure your battery is fully charged before starting, and not attempt to restart or otherwise interrupt the process. Also, you will lose any data that is not backed up or saved elsewhere.
To do this, you'll need three things:
- 1If you don't know how, follow the steps in our guide for how to Identify the Firmware Version of Your Samsung Galaxy Y.Get the current version of your phone's firmware.Advertisement
- 2You can download ODIN here.Download ODIN to flash your phone's firmware.
- 3Locate the correct firmware for your device below, and download the correct one for your phone:Make sure you have the correct firmware for your Samsung GTS5360.
- 4These can be found below, in the section on how to flash the Galaxy Y with the correct firmware.Proceed to the instructions for flashing your firmware.
How to Flash the Galaxy Y with the Correct Firmware
The wrong firmware can cause your phone not to boot.
To flash the right firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Y, follow these procedures:
- 1Download ODIN on your computer.
- 2Download the correct firmware for your phone.
- 3Open ODIN.
- 4Extract the downloaded firmware to your computer.
- 5Turn off your phone by pressing and holding the Power button.
- 6This is done by pressing and holding the 'Volume Down' + 'Home' + 'Power' buttons all at the same time for several seconds.Boot your phone into Download mode.
- 7Your phone will show a warning with some instructions. Press the 'Volume Up' button to download the correct firmware onto your phone.Once you're in Download mode, press the 'Volume Up' button.
- 8Connect your phone and your computer with a USB cable.
- 9Your phone will now be detected by ODIN.
- 10On ODIN, click on the following buttons and direct them to the files in the extracted firmware folder on your PC.
- 'PIT File' - Click on the PIT File button and choose the PIT file from the extracted firmware.
- 'Bootloader' - Click on the Bootloader button and choose the Bootloader from the extracted firmware.
- 'PDA' - Click on the PDA button and choose the PDA file from the extracted firmware.
- 'Phone' - Click on the Phone File button and choose the MODEM file from the extracted firmware.
- Take note. You should choose the MODEM file, not the PHONE file.
- 'CSC' - Click on the CSC File button and choose the GTS5360 file from the extracted firmware.
- 11Your device will now begin the flashing process. Wait for the procedure to finish, and do not disconnect your phone from your PC while the flashing is incomplete yet.Double check that all files are on the correct tabs, and press on the 'START' button.
- Note that if you're in an area where there is even a chance the power might go off, make sure your computer is plugged into a UPS, or that you're using a Laptop, as power loss during the device flashing process can damage the device, and cause it not to boot up again.
- 12ODIN will show a PASS message once flashing is complete.
- 13If it does not, restart it manually.The phone will restart.
- 14You can now remove the USB cable on your Galaxy Y to disconnect it from the computer.
- 15Your device will now start normally and has been successfully flashed.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings for the Galaxy GTS5360
- Before you reset your device, make sure it's at least 50 percent charged. 100% charge is ideal.
- Back up any important files and data before you reset your Samsung Galaxy Young.
- While your device is in the process of resetting, don't touch any buttons or attempt to interrupt the process. Doing so could damage your phone beyond the ability of a novice user to repair.
Questions and Answers on Resetting the Galaxy Y GTS5360
Help, my phone becomes still at the Samsung logo "Samsung" and after a while, it again repeats. What will I do?
You are in a phone problem called boot-loop. This is what happens when your phone has problems with its software or gets updated with the wrong software. Getting out of a boot-loop is easy. You just need to flash your device with the right firmware using ODIN. The previous section discussed the detail on how to perform the flashing procedure on your Samsung Galaxy Y. Follow it to get back to your device.
Well, there might be some problems in loading all your applications on your phone and it repeatedly re-boot could be caused by a failure in your boot options. To recover your phone, the best solution is to do a restore default settings. However, it will erase everything on your phone and SD card all your files. But if you are willing to do this, you can go to the option by using these combinations. Tap and hold these keys for around 2 - 5 seconds, power on, volume +, and home button. You will then see an option and choose the restore data default or anything similar. It will wipe out all your applications and files though.
This cannot be interpreted by being a hardware or software issue but it is recommended that you perform a Hard Reset in order to erase all the settings or malfunction off of your device. You can also help this situation by leaving the phone powered off for more than 2 hours without a battery inserted, this is usually done when a device has obtained water damage.
See more questions like this: While I am doing those it will be useful
Computer does not detect my Galaxy Y; what will I do?
If your Galaxy Y is not detected by your computer, then there are four points that you need to consider:
- Make sure the problem is with your computer's USB port. Insert another USB device into your computer. If the device is detected, then there is no problem with the computer's port. If the device is still not detected, then the port may be defective. Connect to another working port, so that your computer will detect your phone.
- Check if the problem is with your USB cable. There is a possibility that your USB is defective. You can verify this by using a working USB cable. If using another cable enabled the computer to detect your Galaxy Y, then you need to have your cable replaced. If using a good cable does not solve the problem, then try other options.
- You do not have the right drivers for your phone. This is one of the most common reasons why your phone is not detected by your device. Download Samsung Android USB drivers on your computer, extract the downloaded file on your PC and open the installation file. Install it to your PC and restart your computer. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and it will now be detected. As an alternative, you can download and install [www.samsung.com/us/kies/ Samsung Kies] on your computer. When connected via USB cable, Kies will detect your phone from your computer.
- Check if the problem is with your phone. If you have followed and confirmed that there are no problems with the tips above, then the problem is possible with your phone. Have a qualified technician check it.
Did you install the proper Samsung USB mobile drivers on your computer? If not, you will need to install the latest version available. You can find the drivers included with Samsung's Kies sync software. For PC, download here:
See more questions like this: My Samsung mini don't open?what must I do?thanks in advance
Please tell me how do I restart my mobile Samsung Galaxy Y?
If by restarting, you mean rebooting, it is pretty simple. On standby mode, simply press the power button until it asks you what to do, choose reboot or restart and it will restart on its own. You can also press the power button for 10 seconds, it will turn off the phone but you have to turn it back on by pressing the power button again.
If you simply want to restart the phone, just power it off and power it up again. You can also remove the back cover and take out the battery for a few seconds and then put it back and power on.
If you mean a Hard Reset on this phone, you can do so by booting into recovery mode. With the phone powered off, boot up by pressing the volume up, home and power buttons together. At the recovery mode menu, select wipe data/Factory Reset and then reboot when finished.
See more questions like this: Nephew downloaded a game and now mobile is turning on but not going passed Samsung on screen
How to unlock when Gmail vista is coming?
When I am pressing home button+volume key+power key on my Samsung gt-s5360 nothing is happening
You need to turn off your phone before pressing the button combinations. You also need to note that it is not any of the Volume keys but specifically the Volume up. After a few seconds of holding the Power Button+Home key+Volume up, you need to release all these buttons and "Wipe data / Factory reset" to reset your Galaxy Y and get back to your phone.
You might be using the key combinations really wrong. Those key combinations must be pressed while your phone is turned off. And you must press it all together and hold it for a couple of seconds.
Try pressing and holding only the power button + volume up key in order to perform the Hard Reset. Also, make sure that you are pressing this combination while the device is fully powered down.
See more questions like this: I need help with connecting a smartphone to a PC
M Samsung Galaxy keeps on rebooting itself. I can't even open it?
My Samsung Galaxy keeps on rebooting itself. I can't even open it
Since you cannot proceed with opening your phone, you need to clean its cache partition by completing the following steps:
- Remove your battery and put it back again.
- Press and hold these keys - Volume Up + Home button + Power button
- Release the buttons once your Galaxy Y goes to Recovery mode.
- Press the volume keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and press on the Home key to confirm the action.
- Reboot your phone and it should start now. If it won't the last option would be to flash Galaxy Y to get out of a boot loop, read about it in this article.
If you have tried going into the recovery mode, then you should try to do a Factory Reset and wipe cache partition. Then wait for it to finished wiping and doing a restore.
Now if still, it won't work. Try to re-flash your phone by going to download mode by using the key combinations. Volume down, home button, and power button while your phone is turned off. Then connect it the computer and use the ODIN software to re-flash the Firmware. You will need some Firmware when re-flashing.
Press on Volume Up, Nothing happens?
In the step: "Press on Volume Up. Your phone will show a warning and an instruction. Press the Volume up to download the right firmware on your phone", nothing happens when I press the volume up
You can check for the list of the official firmware of Galaxy Y in this article. Download any of this firmware and follow the procedures in the section on how to flash your device with the right firmware.
If you have a Samsung Galaxy Young gt-s5360 then I could actually give you some tips. When you are trying to go the download mode of your phone, you should press these key combinations while your phone is turned off.
- volume down
- power on button
- Home button
Press this 3 key combination all together for 3 seconds and release it. You should press it when your phone is turned off. Then you will see something in your phone that if you should continue press volume up. Then you will go to Download mode.
Download mode is far way different than recovery mode.
How can I open Samsung Galaxy y using the connection of the computer with a broken power switch?
How can I open Samsung Galaxy y using the connection of the computer with a broken power switch
You can boot your phone into Download mode. To do that press and hold the Power + Home Key + Volume Down. This will take your phone to download mode. Cancel download mode by pressing the Volume down to reboot your phone. You will now be able to start your phone normally and use it without the power button.
To be able Effectively Use Samsung Galaxy S4 Even With Broken Keys (Home, Menu, Back, Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Key) , download Button Savior and follow the instructions on the linked article.
Please try the following to turn your phone ON.
- Press Volume up button and Home button at the same time.
- While still holding the buttons connect your phone to your computer.
- Keep holding the buttons until you boot into Android system recovery.
- Once you boot into Android system recovery, select reboot system now with your volume button then press home button to confirm.
- That's it. Your phone will now reboot.
- If you are unable to boot into Android system recovery, unfortunately, there's no other way to turn your phone ON. Your device might require service.
See more questions like this: When I on the phone not on but the name of Samsung only appear to screen
I am unable to reboot my Samsung gys5360?
I am unable to reboot my Samsung gys5360
Make sure that you are fully charged. Once full, try to open it again and do the following:
- turn off device
- press the following:
- choose wipe data/ Factory Reset
NOTE: This procedure will delete all apps and data in your phone
How can I reset my Galaxy y if my volume down is malfunctioning?
How can I reset my Galaxy y if my volume down is malfunctioning?
You can also perform a Hard Reset by doing the following:
- go to settings
- tap privacy
- tap factory data reset
- tap reset phone
- tap erase everything
on dial mode: *2767*3855#
NOTE: All data will be deleted. Backup if you can.
As for the volume down, have your phone checked and fixed so that you can use the said button when needed.
See more questions like this: To format Galaxy gts 5360 using Hard Reset
See more questions like this: How we can resolve a problem when Galaxy young gt s5360 its home application stop expeditiously
GTS5360 on off switch print damage?
One print damage please help me for this problem
Are you saying that your on & off switch in your Samsung Galaxy Young s5360 is damaged and can't be press, if it is so; to be able to use it again or to fix that problem you will need a help from some technicians.
If you are trying to do some jumpers for your device in its motherboard then this picture might help you out a bit.
See more questions like this: How to choose correct Firmware version for My Samsung Y gt5360
How to remove other operating systems back to Android?
I installed JB OS, but was not working well so I installed recovery clockwork mode which has refused my phone to operate. So I guess taking back to Android OS would help, but I don't know how to do it.. I have tried: Wiping data, factory reset. I think it was caused by: Installing new operating system, installing recovery clockworkmod,
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
See more questions like this: How do I initialize my Android software
Your phone is turned on when you pressed the button combinations causing it to take a screenshot. When the Home button and the Power button are pressed simultaneously, your phone will capture the current screen. If you want to boot your phone into Recover mode, you need to turn if off first before pressing and holding these button combinations: Volume Up + Home button + Power button. Continue for about 5 to 10 seconds and your phone will start into Recovery mode where you can apply update from SD card, wipe cached partition or wipe your data (Hard Reset).
You must have tried to boot into Download mode while your phone is turned ON, Please turn your phone off and do the following.
- With your phone turned off, press and hold Volume Down, Home button and Power button simultaneously until a warning appears.
- Press Volume up to boot into Download mode.
- That's it.
See more questions like this: Phone doesn't boot, even after ODIN flash
How to choose the firmware as my phone is totally locked and I have tried everything suggested?
My phone is totally locked and my volume down button is jammed therefore I am not able to see my firmware number so is there any other option to check my firmware number
Well in this situation you will not be able to successfully reset your device meaning that you will need to either log into your Gmail to gain access or enter your password pattern into your device. Without doing these steps you will need to visit your carriers store in order to gain assistance with your device.
See more questions like this: Hi, thanks. I'm wondering how to get into my phone
I do this but nothing happens. It just goes black and then the Galaxy y logo comes up and reboot screen returns within a minute or so
In the step: "Once you have entered the Recovery mode, release the buttons." I do this but nothing happens. It just goes black and then the Galaxy y logo comes up and reboot screen returns within a minute or so
Press and holding the buttons must be in sequence and do not press and hold the power button first as it will only restart the phone. See the correct sequence what to press first then second and follows: 1. Press Volume up on your phone first or the Volume + sign then hold it. 2. Continue holding the volume up then press the Home button on your phone. The big square button on your phone and hold it. 3. After holding those buttons, simply press and hold the power as well then wait for at least 15 seconds then let go of those buttons and you should be able to see the recovery menu now.
Again, Press the volume up first then the home button then the power and hold it for at least 15 seconds and let go. If you check back the Method 2: Hard reset, you will find some arrows what are the buttons that you need to press. However, follow the sequence above on which goes first upon hard resetting your Samsung Mobile phone.
See more questions like this: Answering call software and menu button software have been deleted
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: baotariwaki, kourtney, eliza037