Reset a Kindle in three different ways
Edited by Fabian John Andan, Lynn, Eng, Grimm
If you have any issues or problems on your Kindle device, you could try to troubleshoot the problem by resetting your device. There are three different ways to reset a Kindle, and the steps for each reset can be found below.
Factory Data Reset
- 1On your Kindle home screen, open "Device Settings"Advertisement
- 2Scroll down and tap "Reset to Factory Defaults"Advertisement
- 3Then tap "Erase Everything"
- 4Your device will automatically reset and reboot.
- 1On your Kindle device, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn off your device and reboot.
- 2If you're Kindle device is freeze during the reboot, charge your Kindle device for 20 minutes, or enough time to just fully charged your Kindle device.
- 3Then, when your device is fully charged, hold press the power button again for 20 seconds, and wait until your Kindle device reboots.
- 1Turn off your Kindle device.
- 2You will need to use a wedge to take it off.Open the back cover.
- 3You will see a hole beneath the battery, press the hole using small pin or paperclip.
- 4Press the hole for five to 10 seconds for a full reset of your Kindle device.
- 5Then the screen will light up.Hold and press the power button for 15 to 30 seconds.
- 6Then you're done, your Kindle device has been successfully reset.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Before you reset your Kindle device, make sure that you do a backup first, so you don't lose important files and data.
- Fully charge your Kindle before you attempt to reset it.
- If none of the above processes solve your problem, contact Amazon Kindle Support at 1-866-321-8851 so they can assist you.
Questions and Answers
How do you unlock an Android Trio Kindle?
I tried the volume and the power button and they did not work. What should I do?
Your Android Trio Tablet is easy to reset. Just follow the steps below
- 1Wait about 10 seconds to make sure it is fully powered down.Turn off your tablet.
- 2Hold the Volume button up during this process.Turn the tablet back on.
- 3When your tablet boots up, you will see a list of options.
- 4Use the 'Volume' button to scroll through the options.
- 5Select the 'Factory Reset' option.
- 6Quickly Press the 'Power' button to make your selection.
- 7Your device should restore itself, and then reboot.
- 8Be patient, as this can take several minutes.
- 9Press and hold the reset button for about 60 seconds, and the tablet should reset.For newer Trio Tablets, use the small 'Reset' hole on the device.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Fabian John Andan