Reset a Kindle in three different ways
Edited by Fabian John Andan, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 1 other
If you have any issues or problems on your Kindle device, you could try to troubleshoot the problem by resetting your device. There are three different ways to reset a Kindle, and the steps for each reset can be found below.
Factory Data Reset
- 1On your Kindle home screen, open "Device Settings"Advertisement
- 2Scroll down and tap "Reset to Factory Defaults"Advertisement
- 3Then tap "Erase Everything"
- 4Your device will automatically reset and reboot.
- 1On your Kindle device, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn off your device and reboot.
- 2If you're Kindle device is freeze during the reboot, charge your Kindle device for 20 minutes, or enough time to just fully charged your Kindle device.
- 3Then, when your device is fully charged, hold press the power button again for 20 seconds, and wait until your Kindle device reboots.
- 1Turn off your Kindle device.
- 2Open the back cover.You will need to use a wedge to take it off.
- 3You will see a hole beneath the battery, press the hole using small pin or paperclip.
- 4Press the hole for five to 10 seconds for a full reset of your Kindle device.
- 5Hold and press the power button for 15 to 30 seconds.Then the screen will light up.
- 6Then you're done, your Kindle device has been successfully reset.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Before you reset your Kindle device, make sure that you do a backup first, so you don't lose important files and data.
- Fully charge your Kindle before you attempt to reset it.
- If none of the above processes solve your problem, contact Amazon Kindle Support at 1-866-321-8851 so they can assist you.
Questions and Answers
How do you unlock an Android Trio Kindle?
I tried the volume and the power button and they did not work. What should I do?
Your Android Trio Tablet is easy to reset. Just follow the steps below
- 1Turn off your tablet.Wait about 10 seconds to make sure it is fully powered down.Advertisement
- 2Turn the tablet back on.Hold the Volume button up during this process.
- 3When your tablet boots up, you will see a list of options.
- 4Use the 'Volume' button to scroll through the options.
- 5Select the 'Factory Reset' option.
- 6Quickly Press the 'Power' button to make your selection.
- 7Your device should restore itself, and then reboot.
- 8Be patient, as this can take several minutes.
- 9For newer Trio Tablets, use the small 'Reset' hole on the device.Press and hold the reset button for about 60 seconds, and the tablet should reset.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Lynn