Reset Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Dougie, greatful, Eng and 23 others
- 1 Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 2 Backup Data First
- 3 Reset Samsung Galaxy S5 Through the Settings Menu
- 4 Reset Samsung Galaxy S5 Using Codes
- 5 Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S5
- 6 Bypass Google FRP After Performing a Reset
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 7.1 I am inquiring about how to get the fingerprint scanner back on my Galaxy S5 phone? My password security won't allow me to get to my homepage?
- 7.2 How to backup to my laptop before using Hard Reset, have precious photos and not sure where they are backed up as I'm a new owner?
- 7.3 Resetting and Backing up my Galaxy?
- 7.4 I'm locked out of my Samsung account help and can't recall my Samsung details?
- 7.5 How can I get into phone it has gone on lockout?
- 7.6 Unlock unsuccessful error after reset?
- 7.7 Please how can I reset an S5 without using volume keys?
- 8 Comments
Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
A reset will restore your phone back to its original manufacturer's settings. There are various reasons why people try to reset their phone. It could be a problem with a very slow phone, a problem with messed up phone data, or a locked phone. Doing a reset on your phone will delete all the data saved in your contacts, messages, and other application data. If your phone is locked, it is advisable that you Backup Data on Samsung Galaxy S5 before doing any reset procedures.
Backup Data First
Before proceeding on with this how to guide on resetting your Samsung Galaxy S5, it is important that you backup your data first, as resetting your Galaxy S5 will erase all of your user data (downloads, pictures, etc.
- Follow our Backup Data on Samsung Galaxy S5
Reset Samsung Galaxy S5 Through the Settings Menu
If you have access to your device, you can easily perform a reset on your Galaxy S5 by going to the Settings menu. To reset your phone through the Settings, follow these procedures:
- 8Now you have just learned how to reset your Samsung Galaxy S5 through the Settings menu.When the process is done, your phone will restart and your device will be reset.
Reset Samsung Galaxy S5 Using Codes
You can also conveniently perform a reset procedure on your Samsung Galaxy S5 by following these procedures:
- 5Wait patiently for the process to be done.Your phone will now be in the process of resetting.
- 6You have just learned how to reset your Samsung Galaxy S5 using number combination.When the process is finished, your phone will restart.
Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S5
If you are locked out of your phone and you cannot get past the screen lock, the only option you have left to gain access to your device is by performing a Hard Reset on your device. Hard reset will allow you to perform a reset on your phone by pressing and holding some button combination. To perform a Hard Reset on your Samsung Galaxy S5, follow these procedures:
- 1If your device is hanging, you can Insert SIM Card and Battery on Samsung Galaxy S5 and put it back again.Turn off your device by pressing and holding the power button.
- 3When the Android logo shows, release all three buttons simultaneously.Continue holding the three buttons for a few seconds until the Android logo will show.
- 6Your phone will now reset, wait for the process to be completed before doing anything.
- 8You have successfully learned how to perform a Hard Reset on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Bypass Google FRP After Performing a Reset
For those that don't know, FRP stands for "Factory Reset Protection", which is basically a security measure put into place on your device to make sure that no one can simply factory reset a stolen device and use it. However what if the device in question legitimately belongs to you and isn't stolen, but you want to remove the FRP or need to bypass to reset your device after a factory reset? We got you covered with that too.
Questions and Answers
I am inquiring about how to get the fingerprint scanner back on my Galaxy S5 phone? My password security won't allow me to get to my homepage?
When you set up your Samsung Galaxy S5's fingerprint scanner, your phone prompted you to input a PIN number or password, in the event that your fingerprint doesn't register on your device. If you remember this PIN number or password, enter it. Your device will then unlock and you can reset the fingerprint scanner and try it again. If you don't remember your fingerprint password, you will need to perform a factory reset. This process will wipe all of your phone's data; however, it's the only way you will be able to gain access to your device again. Follow these steps to perform a Factory Reset on your Samsung Galaxy S5:
- Turn your Galaxy S5 off.
- Press and hold the volume up + power + home buttons.
- Release the keys once the menu appears.
- Highlight Factory Reset/Data Wipe by pressing the volume up or down buttons.
- Press the power button to select the option.
- Tap Yes to continue.
- After resetting, highlight the reboot option and press the power button.
- The device will reboot.
When you set up your Galaxy S5's fingerprint sensor again, make sure you enter a PIN or password that you can remember. Writing it down on a piece of paper and putting it somewhere safe where no one else will find it is a great way to keep your password safe and retrievable.
How to backup to my laptop before using Hard Reset, have precious photos and not sure where they are backed up as I'm a new owner?
Samsung S5 locked out on the home screen. My password not accepted. Tried Android Device Manager, locked out.
This article has been updated and now references a how to guide on backing up the data from your S5. I would recommend taking a look at it and seeing if you can backup your data in one of the methods mentioned in that guide.
See more questions like this: It says my phone has been unauthorized factory reset. What do I do now?
Resetting and Backing up my Galaxy?
My Galaxy S5 is lagging and I think I need to Hard Reset the bugger, but I'd like to be sure everything is backed up. Where to begin? I did just download Kies... but have barely installed it...
The Galaxy S5 uses Samsung's new software, "Smart Switch" and no longer uses Kies to do device backups. This article has now been updated and there is a section above that now links you the how to guide for backing up your data on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
I'm locked out of my Samsung account help and can't recall my Samsung details?
I performed a hard factory reset on phone and now I'm locked out of Samsung account as it says an abnormal factory rest and asking me to sign into the Samsung account that I already signed into on this device to confirm it belongs to me!help please as I don't have a computer I'm just borrowing use of this one to try and solve this...to make matters worse I can't recall my details for my Samsung account,I'm beginning to lose hope and am incognito,my family can't contact me and I have everything in my phone. Abnormal factory reset can we define how abnormal I can't remember the account I used to sign into my Samsung, how else can I confirm it's me? it gives me the option for an emergency call. To whom?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
How can I get into phone it has gone on lockout?
Says on screen made 10 unsuccessful attempts to unlock your device try again in 30 seconds, I have been trying for past hour, won't even let me into anything, won't even let me turn phone off, have you any suggestions
You could try to remove the back cover and pull out the battery for 30 seconds, which would allow your to get your phone off and then reinsert the battery and turn your phone back on to see if it will allow you to try and successfully input your pin/pattern (depending on what option you set up your lock screen with.
Unlock unsuccessful error after reset?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 purchased from T-Mobile. Received unlock code from T-Mobile and switched to Cricket. Has been working fine since. Started to have problems where different apps were crashing. Did a Factory Reset and now I am unable to connect to the Cricket (AT&T) network. I seem to be able to make phone calls but unable to use data (internet). I still have the unlock code. Tried to enter #7465625*638*# which brings up the Network Lock screen. I entered my unlock code, but got the message 'Unlock request unsuccessful'. I know it is the correct code as it is in an email I received from T-Mobile.
Since you did a factory reset on your S5 and using it on a different network, it seems as though the correct APN's aren't in place for you to get a data connection. To set up the correct APN for Cricket, you will have to Google search for the APN settings themselves. As for setting it up, you will want to:
- 1Go to the Settings app on your phone.
- 2Then tap on "More Networks".
- 3Next tap on "Mobile Networks".
- 4Tap on "Access Point Names".
- 5If this appears blank, you will need to click on the + symbol and add in all of the details.
- 6if You see the word "Cricket" and off to the right of it see and empty filled circle, tap on the circle, which should enable the APN.Advertisement
Please how can I reset an S5 without using volume keys?
My S5 has to undergo a factory reset but the volume down key doesn't function. I got to factory reset but I can not choose the options because my volume down key doesn't function. I have tried: I have tried using the volume up key but it doesn't work. I think it was caused by: A lot of pressure on the volume down key caused it to be inactive
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: SumANZTG5, barry, Inukshuk