Edited by Maria, Eng, Alma
Welcome to my Repurposingdiva page. Here is why I chose this user name on VisiHow. I have been a repurposing junkie since before it was popular. How do you start repurposing?
- 1Look for items and try to think of what they could be.I got a free IKEA media tall cabinet and use the shelves for a shoe rack instead.Advertisement
- 2Take an old tall stool.Cut down the legs to an appropriate height for your seating area and cover it with some fabric and foam. Staple the underside and BAM unique foot rest.Advertisement
- 3Old lamps you find at Second Hand stores can be easily spray painted and made to look new.Rustoleum makes some amazing spray paint products now.
- 4Older kitchen cabinet boxes for upper cabinets can be made into individual toy or storage boxes by laying them flat and securing the back side.Take an interesting handle and it can become a treasure box for a child's room. Or cover with a vinyl or fabric along with foam or insulation core. Attach small legs that are available in any craft or building supply store and you have a foot rest with storage.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.