Replace the Battery on Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Anonymous, Maria Sharon Ubando and 2 others
For some, even if we are very familiar with mobile phones, we can still get confused about opening the housing or cover of the phone or about how to replace, remove re-insert the battery. Many people may be concerned that they will damage their mobile if they press or try to open the mobile cover without any instruction. Below are instructions on how you can remove, re-insert or replace your battery.
The current battery Samsung has for its S3 is an under-powered one. Rumor has it that it will be coming out with an extended battery so we can enjoy our smartphones longer. There already are available extended batteries, but if you are still using the current battery that came with your purchase, check out some tips on how to enjoy longer battery life.
- 3You should then be able to remove the battery from the mobile.
- 4To put the battery back or put in a new battery, simply place the battery the way it was, line up the gold contacts of the battery to the gold contacts of your mobile, and then push the battery back in the mobile.
- 5Then slide back in the back cover.
Ways to Prolong Your Battery Life
Like in most Android smartphones, one of the biggest problems Samsung S3 users have is its short battery life. This is due to:
- large screen display (5.3")
- LTE connection
For active users, charging it all the time is no fun. There are a few tweaks though that you you can apply to help prolong your battery life. Check out some of them:
- 1Turn off certain turned on features until you need them, like Bluetooth, GPS and WiFi.Advertisement
- 2Turn off the LTE.Turn it on only when you need it.
- 3Check if your NFC and S-beam is turned on.This could also take up a lot of your battery life.
- 4Use an image for your screen that does not have much color.Animated backgrounds also consume a great deal of battery power.
- 5Adjust your screen time out.When the screen is on, even if you are not using it, the battery is still running. Adjust the timeout screen as low as you can (15-30 seconds maybe).
- 6Turn on Power Saving Mode.The S3 luckily has this feature. Go to the Settings tab, then look for the Power Saving option. You can find the option in between the Storage and Motion tabs.
Apps that Can Enhance Android Battery Life
- 1Easy Battery Saver.This can be downloaded from Google Play.Advertisement
- 2Wireless Minder.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
My son's S3 battery won't charge, suspect it is charging port issue?
Has not been charging for few days and when I turn it on today, the battery life was 4%, plugged in the wall charger and looks like there was a charge sign for like 10 sec, .. now battery is completely dead and phone won't turn on even when charger is plugged in. the port don't seem to be loose
It may not only be the situation of having a bad charging port but it may be one of the reasons below also which is worth checking to ensure yourself of what the problem is at this time.
1. Check and ensure that your charger is not the issue by using another charger to see if your battery charges up successfully with the new charger
2. Try and get another battery that will fit in your device so that you can check to see if the issue relies in your battery that is in your device. If neither of these issues are a problem then you will need to find a phone repair store to have your charging port checked.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Florence I. Edim, Maria Sharon Ubando, Anonymous