Remove viruses from your device
Edited by mae sherlaine salgado, Lynn, Maria, Eng and 2 others
Taking good care of your device and keeping it safe is very easy and possible. Antivirus programs help protect computers from problems related to performance that were caused by viruses. Viruses are malware or malicious software that can destroy computers, making them run slowly and malfunction. Viruses in computers either delete files or replicate them, resulting in high memory usage due to overloading. Some types attack hardware parts like keyboards and monitors. To keep your computer and other devices running smoothly, it is important to try and prevent the viruses, and learn how to remove the ones that may have slipped through.
There are a lot of anti-virus programs that you can choose from, like AVG, Norton, Avast, McAfee and Kaspersky, to name a few. You may also find free downloadable anti-virus programs on the net, but the paid ones are still recommended. They can prevent you from ending up with more hassles and worries.
Instructions on How to Remove Virus From Your Device
- 3Run a scan on your computer and devices at least twice a month in order to avoid problems.Don't forget to delete infected files after scanning, as this will also remove viruses from your device.
Note: After doing either of the two steps above, you will need to restart your device.
Types of the Common Computer Viruses
- 1Browser Hijacker.One usually gets redirected to another website. It is often then assumed by the user that this was for advertising purposes. Some attacks are easily reversed, while others are not.Advertisement
- 2Direct Action Virus.This type of virus only comes into effect when the executable file has been used/opened or downloaded. When payload is done, the virus becomes dormant. It creates to other actions unless the same executable file is in use again.
- 3File Infector Virus.The virus has the ability to overwrite a part of a file or the whole file.
- 4Multipartite Virus.The virus affects the Device Manager. You will notice that some drive controllers no longer exist. Another indication of the virus attack is when the hard drive reformats itself.
- 5Resident Virus.This kind of virus tends to replicate itself. Its mode of replication is done by inserting a copy or copies of itself into another program in the computer, in files or in the hard drive boot sector. Virus attack also results in data corruption, which makes accessing personal information easier.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure that you are careful about the applications you install the files you download on your device.
- Make sure that your Bluetooth is always off, wherever you go.
- Avoid connecting your device to any other devices without scanning them first.
- Run the anti-virus scans at least twice a month.
- Do not download software from unknown sites or sources.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hardware
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Maria