Remove viruses from your device
Edited by mae sherlaine salgado, Lynn, Maria, Eng and 2 others
Taking good care of your device and keeping it safe is very easy and possible. Antivirus programs help protect computers from problems related to performance caused by viruses. Viruses are malware or malicious software that can destroy computers, make them run slowly, delete drives and malfunction. Viruses in computers either delete files or replicate them, resulting in high memory usage due to overloading. Some types attack hardware like keyboards and monitors. To keep your computer and other devices running smoothly, it's important to try and prevent the viruses, and learn how to remove the ones that may have slipped through.
Remove Viruses From Your Device
There are a lot of anti-virus programs you can choose from, like AVG, Norton, Avast, McAfee and Kaspersky, to name a few. You may also find free downloadable anti-virus programs on the internet, but the paid ones are still recommended. They can prevent you from ending up with more hassles and worries. Before you download a free anti-virus program, Google it to find out there are issues with it.
Types of the Common Computer Viruses
- 1This one usually redirects to another website. Often, the user assumes this was for advertising purposes. Some attacks are easy to reverse, while others are not.Browser Hijacker.Advertisement
- 2This type of virus only comes into effect when the executable file has been used/opened or downloaded. When payload is done, the virus becomes dormant. It creates other actions, unless the same executable file is in use again. This usually happens when you download a bad program.Direct Action Virus.Advertisement
- 3The virus has the ability to overwrite a part of a file or the entire file.File Infector Virus.
- 4The virus affects the Device Manager. You will notice that some drive controllers no longer exist. Another indication of this virus attack is when the hard drive reformats itself.Multipartite Virus.
- 5This kind of virus tends to replicate itself. Its mode of replication is done by inserting a copy or copies of itself into another program in the computer, in files or in the hard drive boot sector. The scary thing about this virus, is even after you get rid of it, it's already replicated itself into other files.Resident Virus.
- 3Don't forget to delete infected files after scanning, as this will also remove viruses from your device.
- 4This will cause information to be lost, so creating a backup before preceding is recommended.If your antivirus program doesn't remove the viruses from your device, you may need to reset your device to factory settings.
Note: After either/both of the steps above - restart your device.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Run a scan on your computer and devices at least twice a month in order to avoid problems.
- Make sure that you are careful about the applications you install and the files you download to your device.
- Make sure that your Bluetooth is always off, wherever you go.
- Avoid connecting your device to any other devices without scanning them first.
- Run the anti-virus scan at least twice a month.
- Do not download software from unknown sites or sources.
Categories : Hardware
Recent edits by: Maria Sharon Ubando, Eng, Maria