Remove a SIM Card from the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Edited by David Mason, Eng, VisiHow
Occasionally a SIM card will stop working, or perhaps you may change carriers. Who knows, you might even sell one of your phones, in which case you're not going to want to give someone else your SIM card. This is the time when you're going to need to know how to remove the SIM card from your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Of course for many of you, your SIM card was probably put into the phone by the phone carrier. That means that you may not know how it got in our how to get it out. Don't worry though as it's fairly easy to remove the SIM card from a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. You'll find our tutorial below on how to remove your SIM card, but first we've got some safety tips. This is because you have to be a little careful of two important things.
Don't Break Your Galaxy S7 Edge
- Do not insert the SIM card removal tool into the wrong hole. Different holes on your Galaxy S7 perform different functions. Only one of them is used to remove the SIM card tray. Refer to the tutorial below to make sure you are not potentially damaging your phone by putting a SIM-card removal tool into the wrong hole.
- Make sure you are careful when you remove the SIM-card tray. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has a very large plastic SIM-card tray. It fits snugly into the phone. This means that when removing it is going to require steady constant pressure and maybe even a little wiggling. If you apply too much pressure, flex, or bend the SIM-card tray too much, it is possible to break it.
- If you break the SIM card tray off inside of the phone, you will have difficulty removing it without further damaging the phone. Take it to a repair shop.
- If you break the SIM card tray off outside of the phone, putting it back into the phone could cause it to become stuck. In such cases, attempting to remove it will also damage the phone. Purchase a new SIM card tray. Do not attempt to glue it or otherwise fix it yourself. SIM-card trays are inexpensive. Your phone is not inexpensive.
Remove the SIM Card Tray
- 1In order to remove the SIM card tray from your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you're going to need a SIM-card removal tool.A SIM-card removal tool can be something as simple as a paperclip, or it can be something a little more complicated and professional, such as the SIM card removal tool that should have come with your Galaxy S7 Edge.Advertisement
- 2Once you have the SIM-card removal tool, you are going to pick up your phone place the SIM-card removal tool into the small hole at the very top left of the phone.You will know that you are in the right place because you will see a Samsung logo at the top of the phone. The hole is directly above the letter 'S'.Advertisement
- 5After the SIM card tray has been slid out, you will want to pick it up and simply turn it over.You may need to tap on it once or twice or use a finger or your SIM card removal tool to press on the back of the SIM card. This will cause the SIM card to fall out. Generally speaking, we recommend you do this on a table or other flat surface so that you do not lose the SIM card or drop the phone. We have had users who have attempted to remove his or her SIM card tray and then dropped his or her phone trying to catch the SIM card or SIM card removal tray as it fell. As you can imagine the results were not pretty. Therefore, exercise caution; and if you drop something, make sure it's not your phone.
- 6Once the SIM card has been removed, take your Galaxy S7 Edge and slide the SIM card tray back in.Make sure when you slide the SIM card tray back in that it is facing up. You will know that it is facing up by confirming that you are able to read the letters and indicators for SIM one and SIM two with microSD.
- 8You have now successfully removed the SIM card from your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.If you would like help on inserting a new SIM card or knowing which slot to use, please reference our tutorial on the topic.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Should the SIM/microSD tray be completely flat when you first take it out?
I was very careful when taking out the SIM/microSD tray for the first time, and when I fully removed it, the plastic tray was slightly bent bilaterally.
A SIM-and-microSD tray should meld into the top part of your phone seamlessly. The tray cap is slightly rounded to repeat the natural contour of the device. To test whether it is bent, put it back into the phone and run your finger along it. Your finger should slide easily along the top facet of your phone.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: Eng, David Mason