Remove Gum from Your Hair and Clothes
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Anonymous, Lynn, Eng
Accidents happen. Gum in your hair or on clothes is definitely not a pleasant experience to go through. Gum accidents can be very humiliating. Some people just resort to cutting out the part of the hair that has gum in it, or dispose of a garment instead of just taking the time to remove the gum. However, don't be too hasty to throw away anything, or cut your hair. Many tricks can be used when it comes to getting rid of stubborn gum. To remove hair from your hair and clothes, you just need a few easy to acquire materials and the patience to go through with it. In just a few minutes, and with minimal effort, you will find yourself free of the gum.
How to Remove Gum from Your Hair and Clothes
Removing Gum from Hair
There are several ways to remove that annoying, sticky gum, which somehow made its way into your hair. Check out the following solutions:
- Choose an oily, creamy peanut butter. If it's very oily, it will work even better. About 80 g of fat is in every 100 g of regular peanut butter. Remember that crunchy peanut butter has less fat.
- Smooth out the peanut butter over the gummed area of your hair. Use a comb or a toothbrush to make it more convenient. It can be messy if you use your fingers.
- Incorporate the peanut butter into that part of your hair. Make sure you perform long strokes that go outwards and downwards. You can also use a spoon to act as your base source for the peanut butter. Use more peanut butter if the gum is spread out a lot.
- Get a hand towel to pull out the peanut butter and the gum. If the gum is not dry, it will be easier to remove.
- Use shampoo to wash the excess peanut butter off your hair. Make sure it is lathered up well.
- Wash the items you used.
- 4Petroleum jelly
- Apply petroleum jelly on your gummed hair.
- Use a wide toothed comb to remove the gum and petroleum jelly.
- Wash your hair and rinse well.
- 6Adhesive remover
- Purchase an adhesive remover from a medical store.
- Apply the adhesive remover with your fingers.
- Use a paper towel to remove the gum.
- 7Hair mousse
- Cover the affected area with hair mousse.
- Use a comb to gently remove the gun from your hair.
- Get a small amount of toothpaste.
- Apply the toothpaste on the gummed hair.
- Wash it off with good shampoo.
- 9Other means
- Spray this and rub it through your affected hair. Wipe off the gum with a tea towel or paper towel.
- Eucalyptus oil. Get a cotton pad and soak it with eucalyptus oil. Apply it over the affected area. Wait for the gum to melt away.
- Alcohol. Apply rubbing alcohol on the affected area. Wait for a minute and remove the gum. Wash your hair thoroughly.
- Combine the use of mouthwash and hand lotion. Apply hand lotion on the affected area first. Rinse the area with mouthwash. It will take 5 minutes to remove it.
- Use mayonnaise on the gummed area of your hair. Rinse well.
- Make use of cold cream to remove the gum. Wash your hair and rinse well.
Removing Gum from your Clothes
- Make sure the fabric is folded in a way that exposes the gum.
- Place the folded clothing in a plastic bag. See to it that the gum doesn't touch the plastic.
- Seal the plastic bag. Freeze it for two to three hours. The goal is to harden the gum. If you choose to place the cloth over the plastic bag, remove other items in the freezer to avoid contamination.
- Remove the frozen plastic bag. Remove the clothing.
- Peel the hardened gum as soon as you remove the garment from the bag. You can use a dull butter knife to do this. If you let the gum to soften or thaw out, it will be harder to remove.
- 3Fabric softener
- You can wash the garment with soap and water. Rinse well and dry.
- 4Peanut butter
- Apply peanut butter over the affected area.
- Use a stain remover to remove the peanut butter stains.
- Remove the peanut butter and gum with a butter knife or any blunt knife. The peanut butter will stick to the gum.
- Wait for the gum to become soft.
- Scrape the gum from the cloth.
- Wash the clothing.
- Apply gas on the affected area. Gas will dissolve the gum, but be careful in handling it.
- Use a putty knife, toothbrush, or butter knife to remove the gum.
- Wash the garment thoroughly to remove the odor.
- You can use lighter fluid instead of gas.
- Perform the methods of removing gum as quickly as you can.
- Wash your hands immediately after using products like WD-40. It is fatal if you accidentally ingest such products.
Questions and Answers
How does it even work. I have been reading this and I still don't get it, I don't understand?
How does it even work. I have been reading this and I still don't get it, how does it even work.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Home
Recent edits by: Lynn, Anonymous, Mian Sheilette Ong