Remove Default Android Email Application
Edited by Grimm, Margiebell, Eng
You are watching VisiHow. Today, we are going to teach you how to delete the built in mail applications on your Samsung Galaxy S5, and replace them with a mail application of your choice. Let's start off by pressing the lock button, on the right hand side of the phone.
- 3We have a tutorial on using the Google Inbox application, and you can find that tutorial in the link below.That will tell you everything you need to know about how to install and how to use it. We can add more information to that if you would like, just let us know on the comments section of that article. Otherwise, let's move on to deleting and/or uninstalling our built in mail application. As you can see I do not have a secondary mail application on my home screen. Swiping to my other screens, you will see that I also do not have a secondary mail application.
- 5However, those secondary mail applications are still on the phone.And every time I receive an email I also get a notice from the secondary mail applications. That can be rather annoying, that means that I will receive two, three or sometimes even four notifications for the same email message. To fix that, we are going to go down to the right hand side of our phone and tap on the apps button.
- 23And we can see our SD card.Not very interested in that either. So I found running. Not interested in that. So I found all. This we are interested in. What we are looking for is that Samsung email application. So, zoom on down, and see all those beautiful Androids everywhere. We are looking for this one right here.
- 29However, unfortunately, you'll notice that we still cannot delete this application.The only way that we are going to get rid of this application is by rooting your device. Rooting your device will void your warranty. However, it will open up a whole new world of goodness, depending on the version of Android you would like to use, and whether or not you are using the correct version for your device. We have a tutorial on how to root and uninstall the existing Samsung operating system and put your own operating system in. We will show you how to do that in that tutorial. Just simply follow the link below, and you will be able to see it. For now, let's go ahead and press the home button.
- 30To get back to our home screen.And notice that we do not have the offensive email icon anywhere on our desktop, but we are, unfortunately, going to have to live with it for a while. This concludes our tutorial on how to uninstall the Google default Gmail application, and instead, use the Google Inbox application. Thank you for choosing VisiHow, have a great day, and we will see you again in one of our other videos.Advertisement
Video: Remove Default Android Email Application
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Margiebell, Grimm