Relax Your Aching Muscles with Epsom Salts and Lavender Oil
Edited by Witz Taluban, Robbi, Lynn, Nerissa Avisado and 1 other
There are people who regularly wear muscle pain like a badge of honor. They are those who push their bodies to their limits for different reasons, like harder than normal gym work or labor-intensive jobs. Whatever is the purpose for pushing muscles a little harder than customary, it almost always leads to pain in the muscles. Leg muscles are particularly prone because they support the general body weight during the conduct of these strenuous or prolonged activities.
Sore muscles in your body and legs can be deterrents to your productivity. It is like a punishment that you have imposed upon yourself. Whether it is something that resulted from gym work or from doing necessary work-related hard labor, your muscles deserve some pampering. You need not take the brunt of the pain or be like a walking zombie. You don't have to live with pain or take it in stride because there are many go-to ways to relax and ease the discomfort in those sore muscles.
If you just got home from work or the gym, dead tired, and you feel muscle pain all over your body, you can take some pain relievers. However, if the pain still lingers, what should you do? If you are already home, you need not go to a spa anymore. You can make a soothing bath solution for your tired and aching muscles using ingredients that you can keep in your home. A practical home remedy recipe can use just two simple ingredients: Epsom salt and lavender essential oil.
Here's a quick how to guide for you.
How to relax your sore body
What you need:
- Warm water and tub to immerse your body; a basin if you will just relax your feet
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- A few drops of lavender essential oil
- 1Get the bath ready.Get your tub running with warm water and wait for it to be half full.Advertisement
- 2Put Epsom salt into the water.Add two cups of the salt in the tub water as the tub is filled up at its desired level.Advertisement
- 3Dissolve the salts.This is an easy process. You can stir the water with the salt; just use your hands to stir/mix the water-salt solution in the tub. Perform a circular stirring motion; you can do this either in a slow or fast manner.
- 4Add at least nine to 10 drops of lavender essential oil.Do this after you have dissolved the salt in the tub water.
- 5Plunge and enjoy the soothing and relaxing bath.Jump in when your bathtub is full and ready. Stay in the relaxing spa-like treatment at home. Stay in there for at least 15-20 minutes.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- You can repeat this solution two to three times a week. If you make this a regular routine, your body can benefit more as this can also help perk the slow blood circulation.
- Use warm water. However, make sure that the heat is only up to the temperature that your skin can take. Remember, you might get minor burns if you use hot water that is beyond what your skin and body can tolerate .
- Enjoy the bonus of Epsom salt. It is known to have the effect of making your skin smooth. What a benefit!
- Soak your feet in a basin with Epsom salt and lavender oil. if your feet feel too tired, just utilize a basin for a rejuvenating foot spa. Use the same recipe. Just adjust the amount of water, Epsom salt and lavender essential oil.
- What's causing the pain? It is true that pain in the legs can be caused by standing for a long time or over using them to do exercise or work. Under the circumstances, pampering your leg muscles using Epsom salt and lavender essential oil can be beneficial. Take note, however, that leg pain can be triggered by certain medical conditions.
- See a doctor. if the pain in the leg muscles is caused by a medical condition in any of the parts such as the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, joints, nerves, blood vessels, or skin, it is best to consult a doctor. The use of home remedies can be a good complementary alternative medicine, but seek first a medical diagnosis of your condition. Ask your doctor about this home remedy for proper guidance.
There are many natural or home remedies that you can use to relax sore muscles in your body after a workout or after a series of strenuous tennis matches - beans, mustard, or the all-around home remedy, vinegar. Give your body the pampering it deserves. Don't make cost a hindrance; do it yourself in your bathroom.
Questions and Answers
What can give your body no pain at all?
Anesthesia can be given for no pain at all especially during the painful process. This can be given during surgeries and extreme tattooing. Pain Killers on the other hand can help aid in easing the pain.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Lavender Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Robbi