Relax When Stressed
Edited by Debbie, Timbuktu, Charmed, Eng and 2 others
We all have daily pressures in life that weigh us down, and the result is anxiety, and frustration. What can we do to relax more, and deal with stress? Here are some steps we can take to help us!
WAYS TO RELIEVE STRESS
- 1Have some journal.Advertisement
- 2Breathing exercises.Advertisement
- You can stand or Sit properly.
- Place you hand in your stomach.
- Inhale slowly through your noise. Feel your stomach as it expand.
- Avoid the "Backward Breathing". Backward breathing is when you tighten your stomach while inhaling.
- Hold your breath for a few second before exhaling
- When exhaling. Exhale slowly through your mouth.
- You can purse your lips as if you where whistling, so you can control the amount you exhale.
- As you exhale feel your stomach collapse while your diaphragm, a large muscle located under your lung, try to expand.
- When you sense that your lung is empty,repeating the cycle again. Repeat the inhale exhale series advisable to this three to four times on each session.
- 3Clearing your mind.
- Find a quite place for you.
- You can do this by stand, sitting or lying which most comfortable with you.
- Then loosen your self. Try to close your eyes. Start to breath slowly and deeply.
- In your mind, play a peaceful and happy images, words or thought. Don't be too anxious if other thought should enter. Just repeat the process and focus on the said image.
- Stretch and Relax. This would feel you more energetic and relax.
- 4Play a Game with friends.
- 5Get in touch.
- 6Music is a great stress therapy.
- Has no more than 80 beats per minute.
- Fluid melodic movement.
- Pleasing Harmonies.
- Regular Rhythm without sudden change such as flute, piano, guitar and other synthesized music. Synthesizer's are technologies that can imitate sound of other other instrument.
- Music with steady, slow and repetitive music.
- 8In yoga, it conditions both your mental and physical muscle. It soothe the damaging effect of stress and promote interaction between mind and body. It's an ideal exercise as your get older when joint health is specially important. A few minute of yoga practice will benefit you in the long run. There are lots of yoga variations you can adopt consult your professional advice or enroll on yoga classes.
- 11Take leisurely bath.
- 13Try Aromatherapy.
- Diffusion/Vaporizing. Can be done by his is simply "diffusing" the essential oil into the air by warming it, most commonly available on market with tea lights candles and scented candle. There are a lot of variety to choice from
- Topical Applications. From beauty products that can be directly apply to skin such as oils, perfume and lotions . Be sure to read the label and strictly follow the product descriptions and instructions.
- Oral intake of essentials oils. There are debates on the safety of ingestion of essential oils. But for your benefit contact any specialist or your doctor before doing this.
All of us are dealing with stress in one way or another, work, ill health, the economy, but it is important to take a break, and make time for relaxation and fun activities that will make us happy. Be positive, and push away those negative thoughts that are bringing you down. Focus on the good things you have in your life that maybe, someone else doesn't have.
Put to practice at least one of these tips, and you will feel better!
- When you feel overwhelm with stress, talk slowly than your usual way. With this practice you can have more time to think and react more reasonably in the midst of stress occurrence.
- Drink 8 glasses of water or more. Being hydrated will keep improve the ability of your body to adopt.
- Eat Right and Exercise
- Avoid process food.
- Cut your calories by 20 per cent
- Get on scale daily.
- SCREAM into a pillow ( Honest, this makes you feel better)
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Relax When Stressed. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Relax_When_Stressed
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Relax When Stressed." VisiHow, visihow.com/Relax_When_Stressed Accessed 30 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Relax When Stressed." Accessed Mar 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Relax_When_Stressed.
Categories : Mental Health
Recent edits by: Ephraim, Eng, Charmed