Regulate Your High Blood Pressure Using Garlic Daily
Edited by Shalom, Robbi, Lynn, Ermin and 7 others
Do you have a problem with high blood pressure? Feeling dizzy and have a headache because of it? And you do not know what to do to treat it? If so, there are some herbal medications that you may want to try to regulate high blood pressure.
- 1 What is high blood pressure?
- 2 Garlic: A potent herb in regulating high blood pressure
- 3 How does it work?
- 4 Types of garlic to take as herbal medicines
- 5 How to make a garlic juice
- 6 Easy garlic bread
- 7 Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- 8 Ways to preserve garlic
- 9 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 10 Questions and Answers
- 11 Comments
What is high blood pressure?
First off, let me define what blood pressure is. It is the measure of the blood pushing to your blood vessel wall. The ideal blood pressure should be 120 over 80 (120/80). If it is above the said blood pressure, then you should start lowering it. High blood pressure is also called hypertension.
Having high blood pressure has many factors, such as eating foods containing too much fat and high cholesterol, drinking too much beer, always staying up late at night, smoking too many cigarettes, being overweight, eating salty foods, genetics, and many more. These can cause high blood pressure, which can even lead to stroke and heart failure, or getting a disease.
Garlic: A potent herb in regulating high blood pressure
One of the best ways to regulate your high blood pressure is by eating garlic. Garlic can be a herbal medicine to help reduce cholesterol levels. Make a habit of eating garlic twice a day to maintain good or normal blood pressure. You can eat it either fresh, steamed or salted. Garlic has active compounds which contribute a lot in lowering high blood pressure.
How does it work?
Garlic has substances that helps regulates high blood pressure such as:
- 1Magnesium plays a very important role in keeping our heart healthy.Studies show that it regulates blood pressure and lowers down the risk of heart attacks, strokes and abnormal heart rhythms.Advertisement
- 2Phosphorus is a substance that helps the body create energy.This is very important with people with high blood pressure since most of them often experience fatigue.Advertisement
- 3Adenosine is a very much known treatment for heart problems.Like magnesium, it regulates the heart rhythm which lowers down the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- 4Allicin is one of the most active content of garlic.It has the ability to lower down bad cholesterol and it supports the health of our circulatory system lowering the risk of heart attack and strokes.
- 5Sulfur compounds lowers bad cholesterol and and are required to create taurine (an amino acid) that is essential to have a healthy heart.
Types of garlic to take as herbal medicines
There are many forms of garlic that you may want to use or take: Garlic supplements or tablets, dried garlic, garlic oil, and fresh garlic. Below are the common types of garlic used for reducing high blood pressure:
- 1Garlic tablets and supplements.Researchers from the University of Adelaide, Australia, conducted a trial on patients with hypertension. They gave them 960 mg of garlic extract. The subjects took it for 12 consecutive days, and on the 12th day, the researchers claimed that garlic extracts can actually reduce high-blood pressure to normal blood pressure. The research results were published in the medical journal Maturitas. Taking a garlic supplement is much better than taking other forms of garlic, because it already contains the right amount of garlic extract for people with hypertension.Advertisement
- 2Raw or fresh garlic.In traditional medicine, old people usually chew or eat a clove of raw or fresh garlic daily, because they believe it can reduce their high blood pressure in just two months. Indeed, it can lower high blood pressure, if consumed the right dose of garlic extracts. The taste is unbearable if taken a lot of it. If you don't eat or chew garlic, you won't get the right dose of the helpful extracts, and you may still have hypertension. Another way to lower high blood pressure is to crush one clove of ginger and add the pieces to a glass of hot milk and drink.
- 3Cooked garlic.If you want to lower your high-blood pressure, then do not cook garlic, because you could destroy the active compound that helps a lot in regulating high-blood pressure. The compound is called allicin.
- 4Garlic oil.You can make a homemade garlic oil by crushing cloves of garlic, and extracting the oil from it. The oil can be used for cooking and other purposes like adding it to your daily drinks.
- 5Garlic juice.Some people cannot bear the pungency of garlic. So, they opt to make a garlic juice instead. Wondering how to make one? If so, you may follow the steps below:
How to make a garlic juice
Eating fresh or raw garlic makes you want to vomit because of the smell and strong taste. There's another way to take it without the awful feeling. It is by making a juice using garlic. Here's a step-by-step method on how to make a herbal garlic juice:
- 1Ingredients and materials:Advertisement
- A mesh sieve or a strainer
- Bulbs of fresh garlic (10 or more bulbs)
- A food processor
- A glass container
- A small bowl
- Peel each bulb of garlic thoroughly. If you want to make a lot of juice, then you may want to peel more heads of garlic.
- Place them all into the food processor and start processing them. Here, you will be able to create a garlic puree from processing it.
- Strain them through a small bowl using a mesh sieve or a strainer.
- Pour the puree into a glass container after straining.
- Place the glass container into the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve once chilled!
Easy garlic bread
- 1Ingredients and materials
- A bread knife
- A garlic grater
- Bread rolls/loaf
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Chopped parsley
- A pinch of salt
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Bored of your regular pasta or lasagna recipe? Aglio e Olio will surely be a hit! This pasta recipe is very simple. You can get it together in 10 minutes and the best part is it uses garlic as its main ingredient.
- 1 Pound of spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 5-10 cloves of sliced garlic (amounts depends on your choice)
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of pine nut
- 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley
- Ground black pepper
- Cheese (optional)
Ways to preserve garlic
Garlic is used everyday to add more flavor to our favorite meals. However, this doesn't mean that we are always able to preserve its nutrients to sustain the needs of our heart. Here are some tips on how to preserve garlic's nutrients.
- 1Always chop your garlic.Whatever you use it for, make sure to always chop or mince your garlic. Allicin, which is the most active content of garlic is formed when you chop it and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Scientific researchers found out the if you chopped it but took or cooked it right away, it is not going to form the substance that you need for a healthy heart.
- 3Dried/powder garlic.For this procedure, you will need fresh garlic cloves without any bruises to get the most of it's nutrients. Slice them thinly and dry them in an over for 2 hours at 130 degrees celcius. To make a powder out of it, put them a food processor and grind it for 30 seconds or longer if needed.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Do not cook garlic because you could destroy allicin, which is a vital compound in lowering high blood pressure.
- Do not take garlic extracts if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, because it can cause adverse effects to your health and your baby. Cooked garlic from foods is likely safe to eat.
- Do not take garlic extracts in long-term, because it can also cause other side effects. Ask your doctor about the right dosage for you and the duration of taking garlic extracts.
- Eating too much raw garlic can cause burning sensation in the stomach or mouth, nausea, heartburn, flatulence, body odor, bad breath, and diarrhea. One to two cloves of garlic daily is enough for lowering high blood pressure.
Questions and Answers
What are the steps to make a garlic be a medicine for hypertension?
I have no problem, it's just our assignment
Eating one or two finely minced up raw garlic cloves a day is a common prescription for lowering blood pressure. The key is to eat this every day, which some people find difficult to do either because of the strong taste or because of the lingering smell the garlic leaves behind on your breath.
There is no remedy for the smell and in fact, the stronger the smell the more potent the allicin in the garlic is going to be when it comes to lowering your blood pressure. It is the allicin that is the life-changing, healing constituent in garlic, but allicin is only produced when the garlic is cut. Finely chopped or even grated garlic is best for lowering your blood pressure.
To deal with the taste you can put the cloves in a teaspoon or so of honey and gulp it down quickly or you can try mixing it into salad dressing and pouring it on a salad to make it more palatable. Another idea is to chop it up into bruschetta or guacamole and then spread it on crackers to mitigate the strong taste.
Hi, My blood pressure is 150/100. Can you tell me how to reduce it?
My blood pressure is 150/100. Can you tell me how to reduce it
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
How to reduce my blood pressure by using garlic or natural herbs?
My blood pressure is high for weeks and I don't want to take pharmaceutical med. I have tried: Garlic tablets, herbal pressure tablets, bitter lemon garlic water bushes. I think it was caused by: Maybe genetic my dad had it, my mom has it and I am over weight
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Will eating garlic soup twice daily lower my blood pressure?
Your article says that the garlic must be raw to work yet doctors recommend eating it cooked?. I have tried: I usually only eat cooked garlic because raw garlic is very strong.
Doctors may recommend eating three cloves of garlic a day. Some may recommend it eating cooked if, for example, for the fear of an ulcer or gastritis forming in their patient or for the fear of the person trying to eat three cloves in one sitting without any other food. However, both raw and boiled garlic is effective (though it is more of a folk medicine) for lowering your pressure. If you eat it raw, make sure you have a lot of other food that will help your stomach digest it. For example, bread with tea can help you; and the garlic will not seem to be so strong. If you decide to make soup out of garlic, then it is fine as well. All of the nutrients and allicin will be retained within the soup.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.