Regulate Your High Blood Pressure Using Garlic Daily
Edited by Shalom, Robbi, Lynn, Ermin and 8 others
Do you have a problem with high blood pressure? Feeling dizzy and have a headache because of it? And you do not know what to do to treat it? If so, there are some herbal medications that you may want to try to regulate high blood pressure.
- 1 What is high blood pressure?
- 2 Garlic: A potent herb in regulating high blood pressure
- 3 How does it work?
- 4 Types of garlic to take as herbal medicines
- 5 How to make a garlic juice
- 6 Easy garlic bread
- 7 Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- 8 Ways to preserve garlic
- 9 Tips Tricks & Warnings
10 Questions and Answers
- 10.1 What are the steps to make a garlic be a medicine for hypertension?
- 10.2 Hi, My blood pressure is 150/100. Can you tell me how to reduce it?
- 10.3 How to reduce my blood pressure by using garlic or natural herbs?
- 10.4 Will eating garlic soup twice daily lower my blood pressure?
- 10.5 I have BP 130/95 at the moment I am using garlic pills. But every day I m going to sleep in 23, or 00 clock after midnight maybe this is the reason for HBP?
- 10.6 Hey Shalomkit what is the most effective way to use garlic to lower HBP?
- 11 Comments
What is high blood pressure?
First off, let me define what blood pressure is. It is the measure of the blood pushing to your blood vessel wall. The ideal blood pressure should be 120 over 80 (120/80). If it is above the said blood pressure, then you should start lowering it. High blood pressure is also called hypertension.
Having high blood pressure has many factors, such as eating foods containing too much fat and high cholesterol, drinking too much beer, always staying up late at night, smoking too many cigarettes, being overweight, eating salty foods, genetics, and many more. These can cause high blood pressure, which can even lead to stroke and heart failure, or getting a disease.
Garlic: A potent herb in regulating high blood pressure
One of the best ways to regulate your high blood pressure is by eating garlic. Garlic can be a herbal medicine to help reduce cholesterol levels. Make a habit of eating garlic twice a day to maintain good or normal blood pressure. You can eat it either fresh, steamed or salted. Garlic has active compounds which contribute a lot in lowering high blood pressure.
How does it work?
Garlic has substances that helps regulates high blood pressure such as:
- 1Studies show that it regulates blood pressure and lowers down the risk of heart attacks, strokes and abnormal heart rhythms.Magnesium plays a very important role in keeping our heart healthy.Advertisement
- 2This is very important with people with high blood pressure since most of them often experience fatigue.Phosphorus is a substance that helps the body create energy.Advertisement
- 3Like magnesium, it regulates the heart rhythm which lowers down the risk of strokes and heart attacks.Adenosine is a very much known treatment for heart problems.
- 4It has the ability to lower down bad cholesterol and it supports the health of our circulatory system lowering the risk of heart attack and strokes.Allicin is one of the most active content of garlic.
- 5Sulfur compounds lowers bad cholesterol and and are required to create taurine (an amino acid) that is essential to have a healthy heart.
Types of garlic to take as herbal medicines
There are many forms of garlic that you may want to use or take: Garlic supplements or tablets, dried garlic, garlic oil, and fresh garlic. Below are the common types of garlic used for reducing high blood pressure:
- 1Researchers from the University of Adelaide, Australia, conducted a trial on patients with hypertension. They gave them 960 mg of garlic extract. The subjects took it for 12 consecutive days, and on the 12th day, the researchers claimed that garlic extracts can actually reduce high-blood pressure to normal blood pressure. The research results were published in the medical journal Maturitas. Taking a garlic supplement is much better than taking other forms of garlic, because it already contains the right amount of garlic extract for people with hypertension.Garlic tablets and supplements.Advertisement
- 2In traditional medicine, old people usually chew or eat a clove of raw or fresh garlic daily, because they believe it can reduce their high blood pressure in just two months. Indeed, it can lower high blood pressure, if consumed the right dose of garlic extracts. The taste is unbearable if taken a lot of it. If you don't eat or chew garlic, you won't get the right dose of the helpful extracts, and you may still have hypertension. Another way to lower high blood pressure is to crush one clove of ginger and add the pieces to a glass of hot milk and drink.Raw or fresh garlic.
- 3If you want to lower your high-blood pressure, then do not cook garlic, because you could destroy the active compound that helps a lot in regulating high-blood pressure. The compound is called allicin.Cooked garlic.
- 4You can make a homemade garlic oil by crushing cloves of garlic, and extracting the oil from it. The oil can be used for cooking and other purposes like adding it to your daily drinks.Garlic oil.
- 5Some people cannot bear the pungency of garlic. So, they opt to make a garlic juice instead. Wondering how to make one? If so, you may follow the steps below:Garlic juice.
How to make a garlic juice
Eating fresh or raw garlic makes you want to vomit because of the smell and strong taste. There's another way to take it without the awful feeling. It is by making a juice using garlic. Here's a step-by-step method on how to make a herbal garlic juice:
- 1Ingredients and materials:
- A mesh sieve or a strainer
- Bulbs of fresh garlic (10 or more bulbs)
- A food processor
- A glass container
- A small bowl
- Peel each bulb of garlic thoroughly. If you want to make a lot of juice, then you may want to peel more heads of garlic.
- Place them all into the food processor and start processing them. Here, you will be able to create a garlic puree from processing it.
- Strain them through a small bowl using a mesh sieve or a strainer.
- Pour the puree into a glass container after straining.
- Place the glass container into the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve once chilled!
Easy garlic bread
- 1Ingredients and materials
- A bread knife
- A garlic grater
- Bread rolls/loaf
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Chopped parsley
- A pinch of salt
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Bored of your regular pasta or lasagna recipe? Aglio e Olio will surely be a hit! This pasta recipe is very simple. You can get it together in 10 minutes and the best part is it uses garlic as its main ingredient.
- 1 Pound of spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 5-10 cloves of sliced garlic (amounts depends on your choice)
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of pine nut
- 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley
- Ground black pepper
- Cheese (optional)
Ways to preserve garlic
Garlic is used everyday to add more flavor to our favorite meals. However, this doesn't mean that we are always able to preserve its nutrients to sustain the needs of our heart. Here are some tips on how to preserve garlic's nutrients.