Reduce Wrinkles and Fine Lines Using Honey, Lemon, Nutmeg and Cinnamon Mask
Edited by Witz Taluban, Eng, Lynn, Anonymous and 19 others
The aging process cannot be completely prevented, but there are several ways you can slow it down. As you age, you will begin to notice fine lines and wrinkles popping up on different areas of your face that become more pronounced over time if they're not dealt with immediately. While there are several over-the-counter products that can prevent and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, you can avoid exposure to chemicals and save money by opting for natural prevention methods. Using a face mask made from ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen two or three times a week can help plump your skin, improve circulation and brighten the skin tone.
Wrinkles and fine lines are exacerbated by a number of external factors, but they're ultimately caused by the loss of collagen in the skin, which in turn, reduces the elasticity and volume of the skin. This collagen and elastin serves as a support system for the skin to help keep it smooth, strong, supple and resilient. However, when the skin fibers break, the skin will lose its strength and elasticity, and fine lines and wrinkles will then begin to form. Actions and repeated expressions like frowning, squinting and even laughing are some of the actions that can cause lines on the face.
Aging is a natural process that everyone will inevitably go through. Luckily, there are a number of prevention and delay methods that can be made to postpone this natural occurring process of wrinkle formation, and one of that makes use of the facial mask procedure.
- 1 Types of Wrinkles
- 2 Causes of Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- 3 Face Mask Recipe
- 4 Tips
- 5 Warnings
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Can cinnamon reduce wrinkles?
- 6.2 Does cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon on skin really work for wrinkle reduction?
- 6.3 Does honey and cinnamon prevent wrinkles?
- 6.4 Why lemons work on wrinkles?
- 6.5 Tried and proven cinnamon and nutmeg home remedies for lines and wrinkles?
- 6.6 Does nutmeg plump facial lines?
- 6.7 You just said lemon, their is nothing to mix. What are the ingredients that I need to mix?
- 6.8 Have you any remedy for my problem?
- 6.9 How many times a week can I do this mask?
- 6.10 I have ugly fine lines around the mouth and the skin is slack. Will this mask help tighten my skin as well? Thanks?
- 6.11 Tired face, no shine and wrinkles around the eyes?
- 6.12 What should I do to my saggy face?
- 6.13 How to get rid of wrinkles on the cheeks?
- 6.14 Will lemon and honey alone get rid of discoloration on face like acne scars that are brownish and reddish color? How long will it take to diminish them if applied routinely?
- 6.15 I have questions about glycolic acid, and cinnamaldehyde?
- 6.16 I am a 20 years old guy, but very conscious of my skin?
- 6.17 I tried everything on the market?
- 7 Comments
Types of Wrinkles
- 1Dynamic wrinkles.Advertisement
- 3Static wrinkles.
Causes of Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- 1Aging processes.Wrinkles and fine lines are a naturally occurring process. As a person gets older, the collagen and the elastin begins to break down, and without the means of having a strong support system for the skin, the lines and the wrinkles start to become visible on the face. The aging process is one of the top reasons why wrinkles and fine lines appear on the skin, because the body's ability to hold in the moisture is lessened as the age increases.Advertisement
- 2Sun damage.Excessive damage from the sun's harmful UV rays causes the skin layer that holds in the moisture to lose all the water content. Overexposure from the sun ultimately damages the skin cells from within, and it can even lead to skin cancer. It will result in fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration.
- 4Unhealthy habits.Eating healthy foods, sleeping 7 or 8 hours a night and drinking at least 8 glasses of water are some of the most important habits to develop if you want clear, supple skin. If you're lacking sleep, healthy nutrients and water, your body can't keep up with the essential healing and repairing processes, and it will eventually show in your skin.
- 5Smoking.We all know that smoking is bad for your lungs, can lead to heart disease, bad breath, yellow teeth, and a stinky house, but most don't know the effects it has on the body's aging process. Smoking or being exposed to second hand smoke causes us to age prematurely, and thus causes the aging and drying out of our skin leading to fine lines and wrinkles.
- 6Stress.Stress has a huge effect on appearance, especially when it causes you to neglect your basic health and skincare. It can also cause premature cell death, shortening of telomeres and expression lines from frowning and furrowing the brow.
Face Mask Recipe
Face masks are one of the best ways to push moisture into the skin to leave it plump, glowing and youthful. Plus, the topical application of face masks will effectively create an environment that can alleviate stressed skin and smooth out lines and wrinkles. Most of these ingredients are inexpensive and easy to find, and some you might already have on hand.
- 1 teaspoon of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or cup.Stir well with a spoon, and add a few tablespoons of warm water to help meld the ingredients together.Advertisement
- 2Apply the mask generously to cleansed skin.
- 3Leave the face mask on for about 7 to 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- 4Apply moisturizer to your skin, if desired.Advertisement
- The lactic acid that is in the present in the yogurt manages to exfoliate unwanted skin cells and lightens up your complexion, which can also help erase discoloration and dark spots.
- The honey plumps up the skin with natural moisturizers, and in addition, is lush in antioxidants and has anti-microbial attributes.
- Cinnamon flushes out toxic chemicals from your skin and gives you a rosy white glow.
- Nutmeg makes the skin plump, which can temporarily reduce and remove fine lines and ugly wrinkles.
- This mask works best when applied at night. Your face will be much smoother and relaxed the following morning.
- Lemon juice adds citric acid, which lightens and also exfoliates the skin. It works great for blackheads and big pores, and it can help eliminate dark spots and acne scars, over time.
- Ingredients to be used for the face masks are subject for evaluation, allergic reactions to the ingredients must be taken into consideration before the actual application to avoid any complications or inconveniences.
- Do not overdo the ingredients in the mixture, so that you may prevent skin irritation.
Questions and Answers
Can cinnamon reduce wrinkles?
Cinnamon is one of the natural ingredients known for its anti-inflammatory properties. For this reason, it has also become a popular ingredient for anti-acne masks and products. Cinnamon alone cannot reduce wrinkles, but when mixed with other ingredients like honey, it can aid in wrinkle reduction.
Yes, cinnamon can help you reduce wrinkles. However, if you would likely use cinnamon alone, then it can't. To use it you should mix it with some other ingredients to make a remedy for wrinkles using a cinnamon. An example is Honey, you can mix the cinnamon with it to help you aide your wrinkles.
Yes, cinnamon can effectively reduce wrinkles of the skin. The rationale behind it is that cinnamon extract effectively slows down the rate of the production of the AGEs or Advanced glycation end products which leads to wrinkle formation on the skin. The term glycation is a process in the body that allows sugar molecules to bind in the proteins of the body making the protein more deformed and stiff. When glycation occurs to the elastin and collagen in the skin, the end result is the skin losses its radiance and becomes more deformed causing wrinkles. Cinnamon on the other hand, effectively reduces glycation on the skin slowing down the formation of wrinkles. Additional skin benefits of cinnamon are it has anti-bacterial properties, soothes the skin and increases the blood flow making the skin more healthy. To sum it up, cinnamon can be use to reduce wrinkles on the skin because of its various skin benefits.
Does cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon on skin really work for wrinkle reduction?
Cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon are each individually used in homemade beauty remedies. What if they are all mixed together in one mask? Would they be as effective? The mixture made from all these three ingredients has not been proven to reduce wrinkles, but can still be beneficial to the skin. If you would like to get rid of acne scars and inflammation, the mixture would be very helpful.
From what I have found the results may vary. Your best bet is to give it a shot. If it does not work, then at least it was not as expensive as many types of face lotions that don't work well either. Treatments can affect everyone differently so be sure to follow directions carefully when doing it the first time.
See more questions like this: Is nutmeg powder from the supermarket OK to use?
Does honey and cinnamon prevent wrinkles?
Yes, the combination of cinnamon and honey is perfect, with each having its own skin benefits. When they are mixed together, the effect is even greater. Honey and cinnamon mixed together will not prevent wrinkles, but it will reduce their appearance. Skin aging cannot be stopped, but the appearance of aging can be slowed down through the use of any remedies.
Yes, it does, you can mix the honey and the cinnamon for best result. It will help your skin to neutralize and prevent acne. Thus, once acne is have already been prevented, then it can help the skin to prevent wrinkles and pimples.
Why lemons work on wrinkles?
Not only are lemons used as cool refreshers in summer, but they are also beneficial as a natural anti-wrinkle remedy. Lemon contains AHA, or alpha hydroxyl acid, and a great deal of Vitamin C. The vitamin is needed in the production of collagen, which makes the skin look younger, softer and tighter. Sun rays can be very damaging to the skin, and cause wrinkles, but Vitamin C helps to protect from the damaging effects.
Lemon works on wrinkles either you eat it or apply it directly on your face, because it is loaded with healthy vitamins such as Vitamin A, C and B5. If you apply this directly on your face, your wrinkles will lessen because it will tighten your wrinkles.
Tried and proven cinnamon and nutmeg home remedies for lines and wrinkles?
You can try this simple concoction for your lines and wrinkles:
Here is what you need:
- 6 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 6 teaspoons of nutmeg
- coffee machine's filter
- warm water (for bath)
- run through coffee machine filter: nutmeg and cinnamon
- pour the mix to a warm bath
- soak in warm bath
- allow it to cool
- also use it as face or body wash
- soak yourself in it for 10-20 minutes a day
Does nutmeg plump facial lines?
If you are referring to the efficiency of the nutmeg plump in reducing facial lines, the answer is yes. Below are some of the properties of nutmeg that make it one of the most used natural home-remedy beauty products to effectively reduce wrinkles:
- Contains macelignan. The macelignan found in nutmeg is actually an active polyphenol that's been scientifically proven to increase the volume of fat (adipose) tissue in the skin reducing wrinkles.
- Contains several compounds that slows down the formation of elastase. The elastase is an enzyme that breaks down elastin in the skin forming wrinkles.
The anti-aging properties of nutmeg mentioned above makes it one of the best natural skin care products that efficiently reduce wrinkles and facial lines.
You just said lemon, their is nothing to mix. What are the ingredients that I need to mix?
As per the Article, you need to mix all the ingredients, the one you gathered for your mask. Here are the ingredients again to what you need to mix them thoroughly in a bowl:
1 teaspoon of honey
1 tablespoon of plain yogurt
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Pinch of ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Here is the procedure as well:
1. Get a bowl or a mid-sized cup
2. Use your bender or grinder for the Nutmegs and cinnamon
3. Put all the ingredients to a bowl or the mid-sized cup the mix it thoroughly and add a small amount of warm water.
4. Wait until a couple of minutes for you to have it cooled down then apply it on your face and leave it up to 10 minutes before you are going to remove it.
Have you any remedy for my problem?
Wrinkles and dark circles around my eyes
There are several natural ingredients that can help reduce dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. Place thinly sliced potato on each closed eye for up to 15 minutes, then rinse with cool water. Repeat this morning and night, and you'll notice a big difference in your dark circles in about a week. You can also try grated cucumber mixed with equal parts honey. Apply it to your under eyes and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water. It can help reduce puffiness and add moisture to help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
See more questions like this: Face issue due to some rankle problem
How many times a week can I do this mask?
I just want to know if I should use this mask daily or not
You should start off using this mask two or three times a week. It contains lemon juice and yogurt which are acidic, so if your skin is irritated or extra sensitive, daily application might be a little irritating. If your skin responds well to it, then you can try using it daily.
I have ugly fine lines around the mouth and the skin is slack. Will this mask help tighten my skin as well? Thanks?
Slack skin, fine lines around mouth
This mask will introduce moisture and help plump the skin, which will help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles anywhere it's applied, so the skin will look tighter. Use it at least two or three times a week for the best results.
See more questions like this: Can lemon juice alone help reduce fine lines
Tired face, no shine and wrinkles around the eyes?
Hello sir, I am 32 years old guy. I have a very tired face, no shine on face, look more older than my age and getting wrinkles around the eyes, and my beard hair is getting white. Please help me, how can I get my face to shine and get a fresh look and how to get rid of wrinkles which I am getting around the eyes. I have tried: Nothing tried. I think it was caused by: I don't know, I even have enough sleep
Exfoliate your fave twice a week using a face wash with exfoliates or make a paste using baking soda and water. Moisturize using a facial moisturizer that contains lactic acid which will renew your skin cells and help with wrinkles. The facial product aisle in a store is not just for women. Boil curry leaves in water and drink a cup of the curry tea daily to prevent your grey beard.
What should I do to my saggy face?
My chin, my eyes, and the corner of my mouth are full of wrinkles, how can you help me. I see you put this mask honey lemon yogurt nutmeg
The mask you mentioned above in this article will help improve the fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
How to get rid of wrinkles on the cheeks?
How to completely get rid of wrinkles on cheeks while smiling
Apply Vitamin E and lemon juice to your smile lines before bed each evening.
Will lemon and honey alone get rid of discoloration on face like acne scars that are brownish and reddish color? How long will it take to diminish them if applied routinely?
Discoloration marks on face from acne scars.
Acne scars take time to heal, but lemon and yogurt have acids which exfoliate dead skin and encourage new cells to produce. Lemon juice also has brightening properties. Honey is a moisturizer, so it won't totally fix the scars, but providing moisture to the skin can keep it healthy and encourage healing. Use the mask at least two or three times a week, and work your way up to daily if you skin responds well to it. You should see a reduction in the discoloration within a few weeks.
I have questions about glycolic acid, and cinnamaldehyde?
'Why does the cyanohydrin derived from formaldehyde, seem to help skin? I have heard both that it strips a thin layer of mostly dead skin cells off the surface, and that, formaldehyde, can also be produced from E-cigarettes, because they use glycol, or propelene glycol, glycolic acid, etc, in there liquid tobacco, and that it is toxic if vaporized, and what is all of this formaldehyde stuff? AND is glycolic acid similar to cinnamaldehyde? Can I have your email?
Glycolic acid is similar to cinnamaldehyde but most skin care products only contain glycolic acid. Cinnamaldehyde is used to make acetone. Formaldehyde is only used in clothing to make it wrinkle free. Though is sometimes an ingredient in tobacco products, it does nothing for facial wrinkles and in fact using tobacco products cause wrinkles.
I am a 20 years old guy, but very conscious of my skin?
My facial pores clog, even though I mask my face when getting outside. Avoid pollution and best in diet. I have a question, should I stop smiling to avoid wrinkles
Stopping a smile does not stop a wrinkle from forming. Your pores are clogging because of excess oil production and even when you cover your face, you are introducing bacteria from the cover to your face. Use an oil free moisturizer as well as exfoliate your face twice a week.
I tried everything on the market?
I need help, I am 52 years old with problems, wrinkles and lines, can you help me? Everything on the market I tried and got no results it seems it got worse Hormone Treatment Therapy will help you with over the market products. In your 50s, you lose estrogen which is needed to combat wrinkles. Add flaxseed to your diet and look for food and facial products containing soy.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cinnamon Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: janaki raj, Stephan31, Inukshuk